HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Check out this interview with an anti-gun reporter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/289084-check-out-interview-anti-gun-reporter.html)

Hunting the North 03-12-2009 07:02 PM

Check out this interview with an anti-gun reporter

THEBEST Put Down LINE EVER
For those that don't know him,Major General Peter Cosgroveis an "Australian treasure!"

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.
You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.

It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:

Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

wjyarkiell 03-12-2009 07:22 PM

RE: Check out this interview from an anti-gun reporter

I love it!! that was pretty darn good! i wish i could think of comebacks that quick

TUK101 03-12-2009 09:33 PM

Sweet. Its about time. I love the movie Gran Torino for the same type of lines in it.

dustyr 03-13-2009 12:50 AM

Love it!:D

SWThomas 03-13-2009 04:03 AM

I've read that before. Simply awesome!

Antler Eater 03-13-2009 06:10 AM

That was AWESOME!

Solitary Man 03-13-2009 07:59 AM

That goes back a while, but it's still good to read it.

eldeguello 03-13-2009 11:22 AM

Good on ya, Pete!!

driftrider 03-13-2009 12:13 PM

I think that this is one of those made-for-internet stories, and I doubt there is any truth to it being an actual event. I've seen it attributed to a Marine General, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, an Army General, an Army Colonel and now this Aussie General.

That being said, it does make an excellent point. Just because something can be used for an evil purpose, doesn't mean that it will. This is a concept that many on the left just can't seem to grasp.

Mike

J The Deer Slayer 03-13-2009 06:39 PM

Just because something can be used for an evil purpose, doesn't mean that it will. This is a concept that many on the left just can't seem to grasp.

x2 you cant put it any better way.

It's crazy to think of gun owners as killers because of the potential use of violence. Or think of people like me as stupid. Look at all the people who get in a car everyday. Isn't it potentially dangerous to do that as well? You could hit another car, a deer, or maybe you're driving under the influence. Or maybe you just are feeling bad and want to hit someone in a cross walk.

I bet more people are injured in cars in a week than people who are with guns in a year.