HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Browning A- Bolt value (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/288474-browning-bolt-value.html)

Tughiller 03-05-2009 01:34 PM

Browning A- Bolt value

I have a synthetic stock Browning 12 gauge rifle with rifled sights. It's in good shape,not mint, it's been used and hunted with. My question is what's a fair value? I see them on gun broker for $1700 plus... All responses are appreciated. I'm considering selling it.

rimjob_rob 03-05-2009 04:11 PM

RE: Browning A- Bolt value

An A-bolt 12 gauge rifle? For $1700? Guess I haven't ever heard of one of them.. Do you have a pic?

NCZ09 03-05-2009 06:51 PM

I think the gun you are talking about could be the A-bolt Slug Hunter. I think browning only made them a couple of years. I googled A-Bolt shotgun and looks llike you should be able to find some more info. Do some research and see what you find. I am sure there are some other guys on this forum that will probably know more. Good Luck.

driftrider 03-05-2009 08:05 PM

Maybe stalkingbear will wander by and be able to help you. He's a gunsmith and an A-Bolt enthusiast so he might know. Your description may be off, but I have never heard of an A-Bolt shotgun, but I could certainly be ignorant of such as well (bolt-action shotguns aren't my cup of tea).

Mike

MALLARD76 03-06-2009 09:37 AM

I saw an A-Bolt 12 gauge at a local gun show last Saturday with a $1,800.00 price tag on it.

stalkingbear 03-06-2009 11:32 AM

I wish i could tell you for sure exactly what the value of your A-bolt Stalker shotgun is, but it's changing so much above blue book value (low anyway) so much it hasn't stabilized yet. These bolt action shotguns are now commanding a premium due to people finding out just how good they shoot slugs, especially the fully rifled version. Browning couldn't sell enough of them at the time so they discontinued them. Now, they are starting to have somewhat of an cult following. Just guessing, I would say, depending on condition, your Stalker would be worth 600-700$ on the low side, possibly going to 1,100$ or more on the high side. Don't shoot me if I'm a couple hundred$ off 1 way or the other. Are you SURE you want to sell it? Because it'll hold it's value no matter how much it's used, keeping it in good condition of course, but will be almost impossible to replace later if you have seller's remorse. You could very easily have seller's remorse once you discover it's darn hard to match it's accuracy with it's favorite slug.

Alaska338 03-06-2009 12:38 PM

Too High on Price

I would Pass............a good T/C Encore Pro Hunter in 12ga would fit the bill.