Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which Scope? >

Which Scope?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which Scope?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Scope?

Leopold Cabela's have them for $449 (club member) free shipping and should be able to get $25 coupon
Redclub
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=email&id=0064860711873a&am p;navCount=1&podId=0064860&parentId=cat601 126&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catal ogCode=9CC&rid=&parentType=index&index Id=cat601233&hasJS=true
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

DM - Did I say anything about shooting at game? NO - but with practice, and lots of it, it is possible. Sure not many have the ability but it can be done effectively. Some people ya just can't please.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Well you are going to pay $220 more for that Zeiss.. and that is over the VX3. You can get the VXIII for even cheaper. I can't say which one is better because I don't have personal experience with both. I do own the VX3 4.5-14 but I haven't got my rifle yet so I have not tested it too much yet. My guess is that you will love whichever one you get and you will have many years of success with either one. I wouldn't get too worked up over which one is better, from what I have read while doing my research is that they are very close. Zeiss may have better glass, Leupold may have better customer service.. you can spin your head for days, and then as soon as you think you have the one picked out, you hear something else that makes you second guess yourself. I say flip a coin.. you will be happy either way.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

THANKS for all the replies I'm goin to the gun shop and check them out side by side and hopefully pick one I currently have Leupolds on my 3 hunting rifles BUT I've been hearing good things about the Zeiss So I thought maybe I'll try one of them. I'll be using it on a 7mmRUM that I just picked up for a GREAT deal a Remington 700 XCR 3 years old shot4 boxes of shells out of it for $375.00 CASH! I think I got a good deal
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, a 4.5-14X on a muzzleloader. Can't say I've ever seen that before. To each his own.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

For $1600 I can buy a very nice scope, afford to sight it in, load up alot of ammo and tune my rifle my self. Still have money left over.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 AM
DM

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

DM - Did I say anything about shooting at game? NO - but with practice, and lots of it, it is possible. Sure not many have the ability but it can be done effectively. Some people ya just can't please.
bronko - Did you exclude shooting at game? NO - and i've spent enough time on the shooting range and in the game fields to know that 99.9% of the folks shooting at animals shouldn't be shooting past 200 yards, no matter what gun they have in there hands... AND, 200 yards is a stretch for most of them!

DM
Old 03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1 DM. Some folks I've seen couldn't hit a bull in the but with a handfull of rice.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

Wow, a 4.5-14X on a muzzleloader. Can't say I've ever seen that before. To each his own.
That's right!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to offend you DM but not all of us are like that. Accurate long range shooting is a skill that has to be learned by extensive training and practice. There are way too many variables for the average Joe to comprehend. (traj, wind, barometric pressure, elevation etc.) The guy that buys a box of bullets and the brass is turning green form being in storage or only goest to the range, shoots one or two rounds and calls it 'good enough' IMOshouldn't even be trying shots at game at any distance. Heck, my relation is a certified NRA firearms instructor and does qualification for local police departments and even some ofpolice officers, during qualification, put their bullets into the ground 3 feet in front of the target at 12 yards. And they're here to protect us?! Sorry, but I'll carry my own protection.
I was giving the poster just one more option to consider as long as he was spending a lot of cash for a scope. Might as well get all the goodies with it.

Quick Reply: Which Scope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.