Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My New Stick...FN PBR XP... >

My New Stick...FN PBR XP...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My New Stick...FN PBR XP...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Default RE: My New Stick...FN PBR XP...

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I shot one once.......it was the most nervous I ever was behind a trigger even though I knew I would be just fine. LOL

I'd be curious how you used the mil-dots to get the most out of that cartridge with the fixed 10X. Are most guys who shoot them using the MD or are they adjusting with turrets? With the kind of range potential you can get with that monster 10X almost seems like a handicap.
But what do I know, the full magazine on that thing probably weighs more than my varmint rifle. LOL
Sorta depends what you are used to. I use the dots mostly to range the target and then adjust turrets. But if you have incoming fire (not really an issue with me) I know some guys who are pretty quick with the Mils.

I've gotten pretty used to a fixed 10x, even up close. I've taken my Barrett all the way out to 800m, but I've trained with some guys who come close to my groups all the way out to 1600m. There is some real talent out there.

For bolts I pretty much go fixed power 8x or 10x, for semis I prefer to use a variable, usually a 3-9x40.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotten pretty used to a fixed 10x, even up close. I've taken my Barrett all the way out to 800m, but I've trained with some guys who come close to my groups all the way out to 1600m. There is some real talent out there.
You aren't kidding there is some talent out there![:-]
I was at the big Harrisburg Sport Show a couple weeks ago and there was a guy walking around with a gigantic benchrest rifle and what I assumed was a framed "winning" target.
It was a 3 shot group and 2 were touching in the middle with one "flyer" about 4" outside the center 2.
I was thinking 'Whats so great about that group?".......til' I found out it was shot at 1600 yards. [:-][]

2 holes touching at 1600 yards is almost , no not almost, IS beyond my comprehension. The 4" wide one is bad enough to ponder, but 2 rounds cutting the same hole at that distance? Holy smokes.

I wish I would have talked to him to see what the rig was exactly. LONG barrel big arse muzzle break laminated bench style stock.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM

These are the guys who impress the hell out of me.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b65_1201168973

World Record Long Distance Sniper Kill - 2430M