Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 best conceled pistol to buy >

best conceled pistol to buy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

best conceled pistol to buy

Old 02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default best conceled pistol to buy

Looking to buy a new handgun wondering what some think is the best
one to get
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best conceled pistol to buy

NO MATTER what I or anyone on here tells you, get the 1 that fits YOU. Go to a range and try out different guns, take a firearms training class, decide exactly what features you want, and get 1 YOU are comfortable with. Sure I could tell you what I think is best all day long, same as all the other replies, but the fact remains we've never met you, don't know what hand size/strength you have, whether you're right or left handed, etc., so WE cannot pick a handgun for YOU. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible so you won't be confused at that critical time. Training & proper practice will be the best money you'll spend. Don't forget to set aside money for holsters, ammo, training course, cleaning kit, etc.

Choose the handgun that feels the most natural, including exterior controls, if any. Make SURE handgun is unloaded, look at something, raise gun quickly, see how close the sites are aligned to your point of aim,repeat several times. Only then will you really have an idea if it fits or not, still to be determined by actual shooting if possible.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

I fondled the Taurus Millenium Pro PT 145 in 45 acp with the tactical rail,and man it felt good.Im currently in the process of gathering some funds to purchase it.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

stalkingbear sums it up very well. Having said that I prefer a Glock!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was looking at a czeck 7.62 i believe or a bretta 40cal right handed old and both felt good no range
to fire them thou

Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i was looking at a czeck 7.62 i believe or a bretta 40cal right handed old and both felt good no range
to fire them thou

Carried a Beretta 96(.40 S&W) for 10 years as a duty weapon. 100% reliable for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 AM

Get a good 1911, they carry really good. But also consider a Smith model 22-4, such as their Thunder Ranch model. I have carried it before and i can hardly tell its there. 6 shots for sure beats 8 or 9 or 14 shots maybe.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup get the one that fits you best. Personally, I like Springfield Armory XD's, and Glock.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing to consider which almost sounds dumb is to pick a gun you'll actually carry.
Too many guys buy a certain pistol because of reputation or looks only to find out it's heavy or uncomfortable to carry.
It's not doing you any good locked in the safe.

Pick something that is practical and of the right size for you to WANT to carry it. If it's a burden it's just going to be a safe queen or in a nightstand.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt is absolutely correct! A 1911 or big glock may be cool to carry but only until the newness wears off, then a small light gun that goes in your pocket, and is always with you is MUCH better than a bigger gun you don't have on you. I usually recommend revolvers for new shooters due to the K I S S principle.

Quick Reply: best conceled pistol to buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.