Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Winchester M70 Review >

Winchester M70 Review

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester M70 Review

Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester M70 Review

I don't think we are looking for a review ina Rag, thinking we are wanting to hear first hand from some non-industry paid individual of their opinions on the new rifles.......
Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I want to hear from folks that shoot them. Especially some bench loaders.

Tom
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It boggles my mind that no one in our circle has any first hand knowledge about this rifle's performance. The rifles are selling, I know that.

Tom
Old 05-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Spike

I got a new model 70 fwt in 300 win mag.Its seem really well made, the action is really slick ant thetrigger iscrisp.I went a the range the other dayfor a quick sight in but I didnt had time to shot group but from what I read on other forum they seem to shot really good I'll probably goat the range this week so I will let you guys know.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see a picture of the rifle and a target when you get a chance.

Thanks

Tom
Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tiwil

I got a new model 70 fwt in 300 win mag.Its seem really well made, the action is really slick ant thetrigger iscrisp.I went a the range the other dayfor a quick sight in but I didnt had time to shot group but from what I read on other forum they seem to shot really good I'll probably goat the range this week so I will let you guys know.
What other forum?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 AM

CDNN also has several 'Belgium Proofed' Model 70's for sale. I think in 300 and 7mm WSM.
Made in Hartford CT. Featherweight Pre-64 action. With Sights.

24" Belgium Proofed Marked Barrels.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 AM

The reason your not seeing any write ups on the NEW Model 70's is because these new rifles are not available to the dealers yet.

There were a small number of featherweights and a few sporters, both in the deluxe guise thet were offered to dealers.
These rifles were the bait, the process many manufacturers use to gauge the market, so as to produce the correct number of units and not end up with warehouses full of an unwanted product.

We have been told the Sporters and Featherweights are in production now and should start shipping soon.

There will be NO deluxe versions produced. As far as deluxe models are concerned, what's out there is it!

Check out the Super Grade... a very handsome rifle.

If you watched the Winchester video at their site, it is said, several times people shooting the new model 70 were getting 1", 1" plus, and one statement of 7/8" grouping. These test was from the gun writers private winchester/FNH sanctioned range event.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Spike

Mine is a fwt deluxe but i've seen some sporter as well they are also a few extreme weather in 270 & 30-06.A few guys on 24hourcampfire forum have them and the report have been good.I didnt shot a lot with mine yet so I cant comment on the accuracy but like I said earlier the action and trigger are very good and the wood is really nice.I'll ask my friend to shoot itbecause my shooting skill are not very good
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go stat..

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3057986/page/1/gonew/1#UNREAD

Quick Reply: Winchester M70 Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.