Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 carrying handgun while bowhunting >

carrying handgun while bowhunting

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

carrying handgun while bowhunting

Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: carrying handgun while bowhunting

No but I'm looking at getting a Glock 29 in 10mm for 2 legged creatures and black bear protection.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I have Bow hunted for many years (20+) ANDi HAVE BEEN PUT UP TREES) more times than I want to remember. By wild dog packs, coyotes, other SO CALLED HUNTERS?, and just that erie feeling that didn't seem right? I'm glad that Indiana finally adapted a carry permit! Unfortunately, if I hunt on federal reserve property I can not still carry which is honestly my worst fear! Maybe some day? I hope so anyway? The bottom line us bow hunters aren't going to break the law and shoot an animal with a firearm, if we are hunting with a bow. That's why we are out there to get rid of the noise and panic! I enjoy the piece and quite of bow hunting the most, but I would still like the option of protection if need be!?!
My 2 cents
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

It' legal in Ohio and I carry, either my S&W XD 40 sub-compact or my Ruger SP 101 in .357 revolver goes with me all the time, Way to many crazy people now days.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 PM

I carry a S&W .357 Magnum "just in case."

In firearms season I use it for deer when I'm just walking to my spot or something of the sort.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM
bigcountry

Nothing is going to get you in greenridge. I promise.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol big country... here in maryland its illegal but im gonna be honest with ya i carry my pistol an i dont care! ive ran into 1 one many bears at 5 am not doin it again without a little more fire power.. i dont intend to shoot deer or even shoot at deer with it.. i dont like the fact that someone else it tellin me i cant defend myself... so the ethics police an go ahead an bash me but i wont change!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I walked up on a coon with her babies one morning in the dark,was not good,she finally left.But even a coon
your not gonna come out on top,either way i was pretty lucky.Now in indiana it is legal.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know of no reason you couldn't carry a pistol in the hunting woods, especially if it were exposed. The permit is for carrying concealed and loaded in a vehicle. Most places you can walk around with an exposed firearm legally.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunting junkie

I walked up on a coon with her babies one morning in the dark,was not good,she finally left.But even a coon
your not gonna come out on top,either way i was pretty lucky.Now in indiana it is legal.
That reminds me when I climbed up over 20' to my tree stand and poked my head above the platform and there was a sleeping coon that woke up and as freaked out as me..all I could do is duck under the stand and hope he went up, he did.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

a guy i know was hunting public land in northwest IN. and shot a nice buck the last couple of days of late archery and that late in the season its self checkin theres nobody working on the property well anyhow he was draggin his buck out and 3 guys approached him next thing you know these guys started beating the crap out of him and took his deer. all he could do was lay there and watch them take his things and never to be seen again.

i hunt that same place and with my new .45 all i have to say is try that crap on me and see what happens

Quick Reply: carrying handgun while bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.