Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What Gun Case for Airline Travel? >

What Gun Case for Airline Travel?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What Gun Case for Airline Travel?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What Gun Case for Airline Travel?

Ship it ahead of time FedEx. Never ship or fly with a firearm that is rare or has sentimental value. Those baggage handlers can destroy an anvil.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

You missed my joke apparently...

Just buy a case for your gun, pelican makes a great case... if you have a breakdown shotgun, an O/U that can fold over you probably won't have to worry about oversize charges...

ORIGINAL: elkstalkr

ORIGINAL: salukipv1
Size limits? I'm sure it's a special size....and sure probably a charge....but if you're worried about that then I suppose you ought to buy a breakdown rifle....that folds up into a briefcase....I think Dakota builds one...
Dude, you obviously have more money than me. Buy a new gun? Pay the $175 oversize fee? My airline tickets only cost $209!!!

This is NOT a guided $1500 Osceola turkey hunt I am going on. This is hunting with my buddy who has land in Florida on a budget. Prolly gonna cost me less than $500 to do this, and I would like to keep it that way.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Spike

Salu,

Sorry I did miss it. Things don't always translate on these boards. Yea, for the shotgun that will work, however we are also taking a scoped rifle, which makes breakdown a little more complicated.

Worse case scenario we ship them FedEx. Maybe that is better as Kelbro mentioned the luggagemovers do seem to have the handling abilities of a troll.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

I posted a similar question and most responces where to get a PELICAN they also have a lifetime warranty check them out at www.midwayusa.com
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Spike

You know for the price of a Pelican. I think I will just FedEx them. This is the first and maybe the only time I will fly with guns. $200 for a gun case is simply not in myprice range