Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Register your guns or go to Jail. >

Register your guns or go to Jail.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Register your guns or go to Jail.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Register your guns or go to Jail.

Is anyone really that surprised that this bill just happened to be introduced now? With a strong majority of Dems in both houses, with the leadership in both being so far left they make the Chinese politboro look moderate, and with Comrade Obama in the White House to rubber stamp their bills, I'm surprised it took as long as it did to. The libs have been so blinded with their irrational hatred for George Bush, and so infatuated with Dear Leader Maobama, that they've already forgotten about what happened in 1994. I guess they figure that Obama's cult-like popularity with allow them to get away with anything. Don't be surprised if this bill gets tacked onto a "must pass" appropriations bill, or even amended to this, knee-jerk, $1.2 trillion, liberty and capitalism killing, hog roast that Obama has declared must pass RIGHT NOW or we'll all surely be eating out of dumpsters by tomorrow evening.

In a way I almost hope they do pass this crap. As soon as every law-abiding American gun owner gets a call from the BATFE asking them about why they haven't registered all the guns the 4473's they searched at your local gun dealer said you should have, it'll be just the slap in the face that idiots like Dan Cooper need to snap them out of their Obamamania love affair and return them to their senses.

God help us.

Mike

Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Spike

Take it from a Canadian, who has to live with a gun registry, that it is totally and completely useless and waste billions of dollars.

Our registry started about 10 years ago, I believe. It was introduced by a Liberal government (no surprise!). Our current conservative gov't promised to get rid of it, but due to the way our parlimentary system works, likely will not be able to because of the Libs.

It has cost Canada over 2 billion for our registry. We have what, about 10% of the pop of the US, with a lot less % of gun owners?

I now have to worry about carrying my registration certs with me when I go afield. If I forget them, I wont go to jail, but my gun will be confiscated and held until I can prove it.

The only saving grace is that onlypolice can enforce it. The game wardens don't give acrap because its not a game law that guns are registered. I have never been asked for proof of registration.

Hopefully our gov't can find a way to get rid of ours. And if that happens, you guys will have a shining example of how a registry failed. Actually, you can likely include that in your letters to your congressman. I dont think it will take much google'ing to find our Prime Minister's (President) campaign platform where he wanted to abolish it.

Our PMs name is Stephen Harper.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Faced with a massive refusal to comply, thislaw would be unenforceable. They can't jail every gun owner, there're way too many of us. There isn't prison capacity for such a thing.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM

You think that there are not enough prisons? See link below.

Bill creates detention camps in U.S. for 'emergencies'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=87757
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Out of my cold dead fingers"

Charlton Heston.

My saying as well. As should be every other legal gun owners.