Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ammo... What did I miss!!!!??? >

Ammo... What did I miss!!!!???

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammo... What did I miss!!!!???

Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ammo... What did I miss!!!!???

I've been out of the shooting loop for about a good year and a halfbut I'm making a renewedeffortto get back into it.

Ammo and reloading supplies have skyrocketed, if you can even find them. A cruise thru Midway's website and they pretty much have no brass in stock for any popular handgun calibers, and bulet selection is almost as bad.

What did I miss? I heard a little bit of talk about people buying guns with a liberal pres headed to office. But what happened to availability?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ammo... What did I miss!!!!???

Looks like the left-wingers are making a big effort now to mess up our ammo & component supplies. They couldn't get our guns, so now it's ammo they're targeting......
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello
Looks like the left-wingers are making a big effort now to mess up our ammo & component supplies. They couldn't get our guns, so now it's ammo they're targeting......
Exactly
Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

ammo is nearly extinct.

our walmart cant get it in. even cheaper than dirt (which is a misleading name) is out of stock and is haveing a hard time stocking stuff.

I have a short supply, not nearly enough tho.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: okietreedude

ammo is nearly extinct.

our walmart cant get it in. even cheaper than dirt (which is a misleading name) is out of stock and is haveing a hard time stocking stuff.

Huh? How much does one need??
Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

ammo is nearly extinct.

Since when is "how much one needs" ANYBODY's business?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

just thinking about ammo prices make me sickkkkkk[:'(] thats why i took up bow hunting....a dozen arrows will last me a good 2-3 years if im careful! lol

metal prices in general kinda skyrocketed a while back.....

now im sure alot of it has to do with the gov and new president coming and people panicking and buying ammo like no tomorrow...which doesnt help prices or supply when materials are somewhat hard to come by...

plus the war....they are using alot of brass and lead and copper.....

pretty much doubled from what it used to be....the 4-5$ box of shotgun shells are now 8-10$....prettty ugly....

not sure if theres a true root to the problem....seems like a combination of everything and probably more....kinda like gas prices lol.............
Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Banned

I guess the gun store commandos are stocking up for the big one. At least I'll know where to get it if it all falls down.....
Old 01-19-2009, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ammo is nearly extinct.

Since when is "how much one needs" ANYBODY's business?

......Absolutely correct!!! Unfortunately, I'm concerned the new "Regime" may try to make it their business.
We need to get off our butts and write our U.S. and State legislators and express our feelings. We just can't let the minority, and they're the ones who take the time to write the letters and organize movements to go unchallenged anymore. It's time to make your voice heard and speak up. If you don't you will most surely be at their mercy. Last time I looked, this was still a Democracy and the people's voice mattered. Start hollering!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
DM

I guess the gun store commandos are stocking up for the big one. At least I'll know where to get it if it all falls down.....
Do you mean i'm a "commando" because i like to have plenty of ammo around for my fav hunting rifle?

DM

Quick Reply: Ammo... What did I miss!!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.