Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kimber or Glock >

Kimber or Glock

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber or Glock

Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kimber or Glock

I have fired both and I prefer the Glock. I carry one every day for work and do rely on the Glock to save my life should the opportunity arise......
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd SURE like to know how you consider an 1911 only good for occasional shooting only. Don't go getting your dander up, thought we might have an intelligent discussion on the merits of each but not if you're going to get mad. Seems Glock owners are pretty touchy.

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

First off, this is a comparison of apples and oranges. The only commonality between these two guns is that they are chambered in the same caliber. I like and own two Glocks, but I carry and use them every day. If you want a "using" gun, you should look hard at the Glock. If I wanted a gun for occasional carry and shooting, I would probably go with the Kimber.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

I beleive he is statement to be not an everyday CCW, like I said befor, they get heavy!. As far as the K B, I can write and publish an article and post it on the web, say that the earth will stop existing in 45 years, back it up with a few B S statements and some will beleive it will come true!. The fact of the matter, any firearm with a unsupported chamber will show bad results with overloads, if you read through the article, thats were most mishaps come from, people reloading without paying attention. It can also happen to guns with supported chambers, I just finished rebuilding a 1911 that had the lug ripped off after the forth overload went through it. No Glock doesnt have bad ju-ju, it is a well designed firearm, people either need to learn how to reload or just run factory ammo through it, not blame the manufactor for their stupidity!.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: devil dog

I beleive he is statement to be not an everyday CCW, like I said befor, they get heavy!. As far as the K B, I can write and publish an article and post it on the web, say that the earth will stop existing in 45 years, back it up with a few B S statements and some will beleive it will come true!. The fact of the matter, any firearm with a unsupported chamber will show bad results with overloads, if you read through the article, thats were most mishaps come from, people reloading without paying attention. It can also happen to guns with supported chambers, I just finished rebuilding a 1911 that had the lug ripped off after the forth overload went through it. No Glock doesnt have bad ju-ju, it is a well designed firearm, people either need to learn how to reload or just run factory ammo through it, not blame the manufactor for their stupidity!.
100% Agree. The article could apply to any firearm. It's like saying glock sucks because you can't exceed the maximum chamber pressure.

Tom
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: devil dog

Very well said.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I'd SURE like to know how you consider an 1911 only good for occasional shooting only.

First off, this is a comparison of apples and oranges. The only commonality between these two guns is that they are chambered in the same caliber. I like and own two Glocks, but I carry and use them every day. If you want a "using" gun, you should look hard at the Glock. If I wanted a gun for occasional carry and shooting, I would probably go with the Kimber.
Last time I checked, this was still a free country, and I am allowed an opinion.

If you like 1911's and want to carry one, knock yourself out.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never said you wasn't entitled to your opinion, just would like to know why you think 1911s are good only for occasional shooting only. When I've seen examples of them with well over 100,000 rounds.

I'd SURE like to know how you consider an 1911 only good for occasional shooting only.

Last time I checked, this was still a free country, and I am allowed an opinion.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never said you wasn't entitled to your opinion, just would like to know why you think 1911s are good only for occasional shooting only. When I've seen examples of them with well over 100,000 rounds.

And likewise there are examples of Glocks with that many rounds through them too.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

There have been some good points brought up in the above post and some are very true. A Glock is a service no non-sense pistol. (and yes they have had their inherence flaws). The Kimber Eclipse II is in a different league as far as comparision of the two? Depending on your taste and use? I will commend you on the caliber choice. I'm a 41Mag fan and the 10mm is as close as you can get in a auto version! The hand size is a big issue, so please handle both. Make sure you feel that the gun fits you and are comforable in your holding and stanance, especially if it is for self-defense?
Hope this helps?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never said that a Kimber 1911 wasn't a good gun or wouldn't run 100,000+ rounds, and for the record, I own Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, Rugers, and Smiths. I am not "touchy" about any brand of gun, but I do have my own likes and dislikes. The 1911 platform just happens to be in the dislike/not my cup of tea catagory.

Quick Reply: Kimber or Glock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.