Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kimber or Glock >

Kimber or Glock

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber or Glock

Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Default Kimber or Glock

Looking at the Glock 20 or Kimber Eclipse II in 10mm. Glock is half the price, for occasional use is the kimber worth it? Kimber feels real nice, any comments? Glock is more reliable?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kimber or Glock

Kimber. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM

I like Kimber. Glocks are good. Go handle both and see which comes to point of aim most naturally. They're both great guns, but in two different categories. The Kimber is probably going to require some break-in time, while the Glock will likely be resdy to run straight out of the box.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Either you like Glocks or you hate them. Personally, I don't care for them. Kimber is a very good gun.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kimber.. They are more expensive, but well worth the money.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluffhunter

Looking at the Glock 20 or Kimber Eclipse II in 10mm. Glock is half the price, for occasional use is the kimber worth it? Kimber feels real nice, any comments? Glock is more reliable?

Hey, it is your money so buy the one you like the best. Many people find the Glock 20 too big for their hands so make sure you handle both pistols. If it were for purely self defense, then I would say go for the Glock as long as it fit you.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I hate commenting on This vs That, but here it goes!. Glock!, one reason to ME, I carry everyday, I started with a 1911, and yes, it gets heavy, for the last six years I've been carrying a Glock 30, much smaller, less weight, just as accurate and yes I feel more comfortable with a few extra rounds in the gun. But, like others have said, YOU need to go handle them to see what fitsYOU the best, YOU need to think of how the firearm will serve YOU, the old saying is true, what is left behind, does you no good when it is needed!. In a nutshell, all the popular manufactures make good reliable firearms, some need no work out of the box, some need a little work, some need alot, it aint pretty but,Glock just happens to be one of the ones that are good to go out of the box.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kimber WITHOUT QUESTION!!!! Glocks have inherent flaws, that MAY prove disastrous. You Glock lovers read this- http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM

my experience with kimbers has not been good. ive seen a grand raptor, desert warrior, a gold cup, and gold match, i think this was the name, all jam, even with ball ammo. ive been to gun shops were id look at a kimber, factory new, box never even opened before, and the ONE magazine that was supposed to be there, wasnt. We've sent the guns back to the factory and the factory took several months and didnt even fix the guns. Now ive never shot a glock, but i held one at a gun show and man it felt good in the hands, almost like an extension of the arm. One gun that you might want to consider is a springfield xd. the other day my brother took 11 magazines and ran them thru the gun, all loaded with remington golden sabers. the only malfunction was one of the cartridges had a bad primer in it. excluding that one, there was 142 shots without a jam. also, 13+1 of 45 acp? its a good combination.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, this is a comparison of apples and oranges. The only commonality between these two guns is that they are chambered in the same caliber. I like and own two Glocks, but I carry and use them every day. If you want a "using" gun, you should look hard at the Glock. If I wanted a gun for occasional carry and shooting, I would probably go with the Kimber.

Quick Reply: Kimber or Glock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.