Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII >

Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

I know there are lots of different scopes out there, but I have only really dealt with Nikon and leupold. Which are better for around the same price as a leupold. 5-600 dollar range

Also does a 30mm tube any better than a 1" tube... thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Ziess conquest and nikon monarchs is about the only thing that will compete. But I do own a few elite 4200's and can say the optics are just as good. I just don't like thier warranty.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
DM

ORIGINAL: killadoe

I know there are lots of different scopes out there, but I have only really dealt with Nikon and leupold. Which are better for around the same price as a leupold. 5-600 dollar range

Also does a 30mm tube any better than a 1" tube... thanks
Better in what way???

I looked at a lot of scopes and i chose the Zeiss,

It's better in low light conditions than any other scope i looked through, includeing the Leupolds i own, and that's why i bought it.

I never did get to look at a Elite 6500, and that may be another choise to check out, i did look through a 4200 though...

As for reliability, i have nothing but good things to say about Leupold...

DM
Old 12-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

First and to me one of the best the Ziess Conquest next Bushnell 4200 or 6500 and then theNikon Monarch or Burris Euro.

But to me the all around best is the Ziess Conquest.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been pretty much of a die-hard Leupold guy, with a smattering of some others, including some nice old Redfields. A good friend of mine has a Nikon Monarch that impressed me, and I just bought a 4200 Elite. Havent shot it yet, but the optics are very good, it seems. Just for Heaven's sake stay away from that bottom-line crap that is out there today.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's better in low light conditions than any other scope i looked through, includeing the Leupolds i own, and that's why i bought it.

I never did get to look at a Elite 6500, and that may be another choise to check out, i did look through a 4200 though...

As for reliability, i have nothing but good things to say about Leupold...
I agree I did the same thing and I liked the Zeiss as well. We have a few Leupold's as well and there is nothing wrong with them just like the Zeiss in low light better.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
bigcountry

Is it just me, or does anyone else find its easy to loose your sight picture with the nikon monarchs? I know they do this to minimize parralax, but just annoys me some. My monarchs do have some top notch optics however.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My zeiss conquest is the clearest scope Ive ever owned, but I also own 2 leupold varix3s. I put them all side by side last summer, and viewed some deer in the thicket, from off my deck. The leupys were defiantly brighter and I could see the deer longer, but it didnt matter since sunset(legal shooting light) was long gone.

Both have very crisp resolution, but the zeiss is the only scope(including leupold) I ever owned however, that gives a perfectly, unwavey, sight picture while scanning side to side and up and down.

The leupolds are lighter and brighter, and seem to be built a little tougher w/ all metallic parts, while the zeiss is heavier and clunkier w/ some plastic parts, but slightly supierior glass. I'd say its a toss up. I love em all though.

Never owned a nikon but I rarley have heard anything bad about them.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Is it just me, or does anyone else find its easy to loose your sight picture with the nikon monarchs? I know they do this to minimize parralax, but just annoys me some. My monarchs do have some top notch optics however.
That is mycomplaint with my Monarch as well. Otherwise they are fine scopes. Just curious but why or how does thisminimize parralax?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find the Zeiss Conquest brighter in low light and clearer than the VXIII.

Quick Reply: Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.