Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoger 2000 Report

Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stoger 2000 Report

After much research I purchased one for my 13 year old son for Christmas. First day plinking was perfect. Today he shot his first limit of ducks and the gun didn't miss a beat. I know that two days doesn't prove alot,but its great so far! We also have not noticed anyof the heavyrecoil that I have read about. I'll let you know how it holds up.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stoger 2000 Report

I bought a meat & potatos, Black, 26"model about 3 years ago. Ive put many rounds through it at the trap rang and the woods, Its never skipped a beat, and although its not as pretty as my SX3, I have no complaints about it. Like everyone always says, its like a 400$ benelli.

I did however, buy a camo 24" model last year ,for turkeys but, that one had a rough saftey and wasnt fun to shoot turkey loads through. It also rarley didnt jam after the 2nd 3" shell. Guess like most guns, its hit or miss.

I think overall the 2000 is a good and underrated gun for the $$.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

5th season with one now......never missed a beat.....if it quit tomorrow, i have more than got my $375 out of it.

bozeman
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are these O/U shotguns you are talking about?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

The 2000 is a semi automatic. I got mine for $378.00
Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a Franchi I-12 which is the mid-range model between the Stoeger 2000 and the Benelli M2 (I think that's the right model). I love the balance of the I-12. Also really enjoy the simplicity of the cleaning on the inertia models. You can shoot them all day without them getting very dirty.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

I bought a meat & potatos, Black, 26"model about 3 years ago. Ive put many rounds through it at the trap rang and the woods, Its never skipped a beat, and although its not as pretty as my SX3, I have no complaints about it. Like everyone always says, its like a 400$ benelli.

I did however, buy a camo 24" model last year ,for turkeys but, that one had a rough saftey and wasnt fun to shoot turkey loads through. It also rarley didnt jam after the 2nd 3" shell. Guess like most guns, its hit or miss.

Just throwing this out there. Did you run two full boxes of magnum turkey loads through it? The manual says that you have to run them through before it will cycle properly. I went to the range and did that when I first got mine and it has never failed in any way. Not on light loads and not on turkey loads.

I'm thinking about having a Mercury tube put in mine.

Tom
Old 12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I know we should have,but we actually started with a light brass field load with no problems.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Just throwing this out there. Did you run two full boxes of magnum turkey loads through it? The manual says that you have to run them through before it will cycle properly. I went to the range and did that when I first got mine and it has never failed in any way. Not on light loads and not on turkey loads.

Tom
I actually only shot turkey loads in that one.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Tom
When I got mine I ran one box of 10 3" 2oz Remington Hevi-Shot turkey loads I had lying around, a box of 25 3" steel waterfowl loads (don't remember the brand, they were the cheapest Scheel's had on sale), a box of Winchester Super-X 2 3/4" heavy field loads, and a box of 5, 2 3/4" 00 buckshot, and a box of 25, 2 3/4" handicap target loads... all in one sitting the first time out. I even went so far as to mix up the 2 3/4" and 3" shells in the magazine to see if it'd reliably cycle a 3" shell after a 2 3/4" shell. Every shell I shot out of it cycled without any problem whatsoever, even when I mixed them up. I did notice that with the first 10-15 shells fired the action cycled noticeably slower, where I could hear and feel the action cycling like a really fast pump shotgun. After 15 or so shells, the action seemed to break in and the cycling because too fast to be perceptable.

Best $400 I've spent on a shotgun (well, my wife actually bought it, as it was a B-Day gift, but I earned it ).

Mike