HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   I will not buy a Cooper Rifle! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/278073-i-will-not-buy-cooper-rifle.html)

dixiedawg80 12-11-2008 07:44 PM

I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

I posted a thread here the other day and many of you responded with some great suggestions. I was looking for help in a buying decision for a new rifle. I had decided to purchase a Cooper in .30-06 but after doing some research I will not be buying the Cooper. I learned about the whole Obama controversy which many of you probably know about. Now, I realize that Mr. Cooper resigned from the company he founded and I am sure that there are great men and women who work there now who don't support Obama and his leftist views, however, I don't want to be a part of this company. I am just going to look elsewhere.

Once again, thank you for your responses and help. This is a great forum and I appreciate it very much. Any news anyone has regarding this issue would be appreciated.

DD

nksmfamjp 12-11-2008 11:24 PM

RE: I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

You might try calling them todiscuss the issue and find the truth before you buy everything you have seen posted on the web. They are a small company and would probably take your call. Regardless, it is your money, you decide how to spend it.

bugsNbows 12-12-2008 05:06 AM

That's your choice but you will be missing out on a truly great rifle for sure.

dixiedawg80 12-12-2008 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: nksmfamjp

You might try calling them todiscuss the issue and find the truth before you buy everything you have seen posted on the web. They are a small company and would probably take your call. Regardless, it is your money, you decide how to spend it.
Thats a good suggestion. Please understand though that my research has been thorough and I only have read articles from documented sources, however I appreciate your advice.

semi 12-12-2008 08:01 AM

I agree with your decision. I wouldn't buy a rifle there either. Especially when there are plenty of other companys that make GREAT rifles who didn't support BO. You could call them and ask the present stance with cooper gone, but hey, anyone who values the 2nd Amendment should use common sense and give your business to someone who also supports it.

bugsNbows 12-12-2008 12:52 PM

The COMPANY did not support B.O. Mr. Cooper did (personally).

dixiedawg80 12-12-2008 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

The COMPANY did not support B.O. Mr. Cooper did (personally).
I'm aware of this, however as I stated above, I don't want any part of it. Thanks for your input.

DD

salukipv1 12-12-2008 01:52 PM

What was the controversy?

Cooper supported Obama? I hope there's more to it than that...?

Briman 12-13-2008 06:13 AM

What was the controversy?

Cooper supported Obama? I hope there's more to it than that...?
To make a long story short:

COoper was interviewed in a major newspaper and stated that he donated to Obama's campaign.

This article was posted all over the net on various gun sites.

Cooper was contacted by administrators of several sites.

Cooper acknowledged giving money to Obama, but lied about how much and how often.

Cooper lied about givingmoney to republican candidates (he didn't).

His donations are all a part of public record.

Cooper resigned from his company but it sounds like he is still in control of things.

I won't be buying any Cooper rifles.

cooper_m22 12-13-2008 06:41 AM

I have my share of Cooper rifles and there is no way I would ever part with them. When I first read and was told what Dan Cooper did I was very mad. So I called and emailed Cooper Firearms of Montana. And then I read in a email from Cooper that Dan Cooper was no longer with Cooper Firearms. That was good but I was still mad. So I packed up all my coopers and was going to sale them all when I read a new post on here that said. Would this not be what the Democrats would want all ofus to do is sale and stop buying Cooper rifles so there would end up being one less gun maker.
It got me thinking you know that is what the Democrats would like to see happen so I put my coopers back in my safe. And now I don’t care what Dan Cooper did when he supported Obama, Yes I am still mad at Dan Cooper but I will still buy Cooper rifles, just because to me they are one of the best rifles made and I no Obama would like me to stop buying them so they would close their doors and to me that right there is all I need to keep on buying cooper rifles.
You need to think about it do you want to lose out on a very good rifle just because of what one man did. And buy not buying a cooper rifleyou willbe doing what Obama would like to see happen and there is no way I would ever do what Obama would want.
You need to think this back over.