Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Does Browning still do this?????? >

Does Browning still do this??????

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Does Browning still do this??????

Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Does Browning still do this??????

About 10 years ago I called Browning and spoke to a guy and was telling him that I wanted a 7mag but in lever action and he called me back about 3 days later and told me they would build it for me. It wasn't cheap but I got the gun I really wanted. Does anyone know if Browning will still build custom guns for people?? I couldn't get a straight forward answer from the people I spoke to at Browning.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does Browning still do this??????

bump
Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since you seem to know how, why not just call them and ask?? Again........
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

Try readingthe whole post before trying to be a smartass next time.... the very last line in my post says that I could not get a straight forward answer from the people I spoke to at Browning. I have called and spoke to a few different people and told them that I have had them build me a gun in the past an wanted to know if they still do that or not and they said they woul call me back and let me know once they got an answer.... thats been 2 weeks ago and no return phone calls.

If you can't give me an answer then don't say anything at all.... especially when what your smartass comment was saying was covered in the original post.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to chill out man. Eldeguello helps a lot of people on here.

Now to support what you're saying, I called Winchester the other day and asked if the stainless model will fit into the walnut stock that comes on the featherweight and they actually told me they don't know and don't care because they don't build custom rifles. Seriously that is almost exactly what they said.

I was on hold with support just now and asked the guy for you and he said they aren't doing any custom builds. So there you have it. Not for Browning and not for Winchester.

Tom
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

as of twoweeks ago they still did.I think the Browning Costom shop is still running. This is the phone number and where I called.

Browning Custom Shop.
For information on ordering custom guns from the Belguim Custom Shop, call 1-801-876-2711

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/custom/index.asp
Old 12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

+1 on what statjunk said. When it comes to a wealth of information you need to be able to recognize it and appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skb2706

+1 on what statjunk said. When it comes to a wealth of information you need to be able to recognize it and appreciate it.
What information did he give me to appreciate?? All I saw was a smartass comment that was already explained in my original post. If I took it the wrong way then I here right now saying I'm sorry and I apologize for taking the comment out of context. I'm not too big to apologize and will always apologize if I feel I'm in the wrong. But as for saying I need to appreciate the info given to me I do but his comment didn't offer any info.

As for the 2 people that did offer info I appreciate it. Got 2 completely different answers but I still appreciate it. Everytime I have called Browning I get the same answer...." umm thats a first on me, let me get your name and number and as I'll ask and call you back with the answer"..... 2 weeks and still no answer from them.

Once again Eldeguello if I took your comment the wrong way I apologize.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

Try readingthe whole post before trying to be a smartass next time.... the very last line in my post says that I could not get a straight forward answer from the people I spoke to at Browning. I have called and spoke to a few different people and told them that I have had them build me a gun in the past an wanted to know if they still do that or not and they said they woul call me back and let me know once they got an answer.... thats been 2 weeks ago and no return phone calls.

If you can't give me an answer then don't say anything at all.... especially when what your smartass comment was saying was covered in the original post.
...........Let me give you some quick advice, here....You don't walk into ANY forum and start badmouthing people you quite obviously know nothing about.
Eldeguello is one of the most knowledgeable people on this or any other forum. Period. You would do well to apologize for your rudeness. We carry some pretty long memories around here. You need to remember that.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

...........Let me give you some quick advice, here....You don't walk into ANY forum and start badmouthing people you quite obviously know nothing about.
Eldeguello is one of the most knowledgeable people on this or any other forum. Period. You would do well to apologize for your rudeness. We carry some pretty long memories around here. You need to remember that.
See 1 post above yours!!

And honestly I don't really care who anyone is.... As far as I'm concerned they're just a man like me. And if you read my post above yours youshouldsee where I offered an apologyIF i took his comment out of text.

Quick Reply: Does Browning still do this??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.