Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Buy it now or wait?? >

Buy it now or wait??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Buy it now or wait??

Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Spike

Default Buy it now or wait??

Given that our new president elect isn't exactly a fan of any type of firearm, what is the feeling about purchasing firearms before he gets into office?

My son won't be able to carry a rifle for 4 years. Given the crappy economy, it's not like I havethe money just waiting to be spent, but there's always the chance BO could really tax the heck out of firearm and ammo purchases. Got to pay for the bail out somehow, right?

I was hoping to set aside a 700 BDL or CDL in 30-06 or something like that.

Is everyone running out to purchase firearms?

Thanks,
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Buy it now or wait??

Working in the firearms industry I can assure you everyone is running out and purchasing firearms at a truly historic and insane rate. There was a 2.5hr wait to get into the Raleigh gun show 2 weeks ago. Who's ever waited in line to get into a gun show? That being said...its mostly "black guns", handguns and bulk ammo as it were, the ones that have a significant chance of being once again outlawed. As for the taxation issue, it could happen, but with Christmas looming and the economy what it is, I don't think you'd be in any danger say waiting for the good ole' tax return to make the purchase for your son. Excellent choice in firearms as well. Just my .02
Old 12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

There's no way they are going to ban or excessively tax a bolt action hunting rifle.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Id have to agree...If anything I think the high capacity magazines and military type weapons will be the ones hit with any type of litigation.

I really think Pres. Obama is gonna have alot more important things on his plate to deal with at 1st than whose buying guns.

Personally I really see no reason why any law abiding citizen who has not been convicted of a crime cannot purchase any firearm that they wish with their hard earned money. Its just when those types of weapons fall into the wrong hands due to theft or whatever when they become a problem in society. If you want to own an AR-15 or AK47 fine....i think you should just have to own a secure gun safe prior to their purchase...then again these arent the types of weapons you just leave lying around, but they do wind up in the hands of street thugs...

I think your BDL and CDL Model 700s are safe....
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just dont get it in 308, 3006, 0r 223. Thats "assault" weapon ammo. Thatll cost ya
Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

It doesn't matter what it is, it should not be banned. Don't give an inch. I would not hesitate to be on the front lines fighting for my guns. Too many people died so I can have that right and I won't abide anyone spitting on their grave. I don't care who it is.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

I went and got a handgun the day he got elected...I ain't waiting...I'm going to get what I need for the next 4-8 years as fast as I can...after chrismas, I'm getting a sluggun
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Military type firearms huh?

If worded properly that could easily include pump shotguns, semi auto shotguns, any rifle built on a mauser action, Remington 700, Winchester M70, Sako TRG, Beretta hand guns, revolvers, 1911's, Glock, Smith M&P, AR's, AK's SKS's, H&K's, etc... etc...

Ammo, .223, 7.62X39,308, 30-06, 9mm, 38spl, 357 mag, 40S&W,45ACP, and a host of others

I could literally list nearly every single firearm and ammo manufacturer out there and ban something that they make.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to own an AR-15 or AK47 fine....i think you should just have to own a secure gun safe prior to their purchase...then again these arent the types of weapons you just leave lying around, but they do wind up in the hands of street thugs...
Something to chew on- If you look at FBI statistics, most handguns used in crimes are Ruger .22 pistols, for long guns, its mostly remington or mossberg pump shorguns. AR-15s and Ak-47 clones are very very far down on the list. Maybe you should have to spend $$$$$ to secure your duck gun in case it gets stolen?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

from what ive heard, bigbulls nailed it on the head....military type weapons.

a bolt action rifle can be very leathal. the 308 is the nato round. a 7mm is just as accurate. 300 rum -- watchout to 800+yds.

one guy I talked to thinks if they (dems) tried taking our firearms, you'd see the next american revolution.

as for nobama, it wont be him that puts up the legislation,but the people in the senate and house. it will hit his desk for a signature and he'll do it w/out knowing just what he's signing. dont think they read all the words of every bill they sign.

Quick Reply: Buy it now or wait??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.