Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best LOOKING gun? >

Best LOOKING gun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best LOOKING gun?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Best LOOKING gun?

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

Altho I am liking that 700 CDL more and more.....I just love having the endless customization opportunities that Ill never actually go through with on a 700 lol
+1. For rifles that most anyone can afford, the CDL is the one in the looks dept. You should go through with that custom work, you won't regret it. Buy the parts a little at a time and then drop it all off to a qualified smith (you being in NC I could help you out with that search if you like, I know a few) you'd be amazed how relatively cheap you can make that happen for.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I wish they offered a polished blue in a .243. The only thing I dont like is I already have a .270 as my go to gun right now. Also have firearms in 30cal. Dont have a true NEED for a varmit round, tho I may go try and shoot the occasionalfoxor coyote if the chancewere tocome up....nor a cannon, nor do I want to be redundant and go middle of the road again and get one of the calibers that they offer in the polished blue. Id really like to have a .243. That caliber has always grabbed my attention as far as it's versatility.

I have a 700adl synthetic right now....and I love the trigger on it....it has been taken down to a lower lb pull, but I dont know any better.....it seems crisp.

What other modifications would you make to a 700......just as some things to consider (Im not a tech head when it comes to guns)
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder............

Not much of a.270 Winor Ruger fan but this one has a incredible piece ofcircasian walunt on it for a factory Ruger. This one is still NIB and is a safe queen until daughter marries the right man.
Right Hand Side

Left Hand Side

Old 12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful gun....was that a 'normal' priced gun and you just got lucky or was that a special order 'out of the box gun'
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

How about a pair of Colts. Both early '70's guns and I am the second owner of each

Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM

Model SP-10™.A Perfect 10.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder............

Not much of a.270 Winor Ruger fan but this one has a incredible piece ofcircasian walunt on it for a factory Ruger. This one is still NIB and is a safe queen until daughter marries the right man.
Right Hand Side

Left Hand Side

What a beautiful rifle (the scope is nice too!). Is that a MkII or a Hawkeye?If it's a MkII I would suggest getting either a Timmeny or Spec-tech aftermarket trigger (http://www.spec-tech-industries.com/). The MkII factory trigger suuuuuuucks but the rifle is otherwise a great rifle!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM

I guess this onemay bea littlecloserto the "work horse" class, but I love the laminated / stanless look.

firstshot
-----------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Toco, that is a sweet pair of colts, but ya big dummy, you cant load a shotgun shell in them, and through the trigger guard [8D]sheeeesh!!!
>>>Bam<<<

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.