Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Springfield XD or Ruger SR9??? >

Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???

Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???

Another HUGE vote for the XD here. I have the XD9, and this is the best pistol i have ever shot. The design and reliability is second to none. In over 2500 rounds, i haven't had a single mis fire or mal function. I use some crappy ammo too for targets. This gun is by far one of the best there is for the price.

There is a forum specifically for XD pistols.. i forget the web address but you can find it by googling. Ask some questions there... the forums will give you everything you need to know.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have an SR9 ordered right now. I've been very pleased with the Rugers that I own. Their customer service is excellent and they are 100% American made. Springfields are great guns, but I decided to stick with Ruger.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

I own and carry a SR-9 that has been sent back to the factory and had the trigger upgrade done to it. It is one fine shooting gun in all aspectsfor me. I have shot the XD's and I agree the 45acp might be a better all around defense load if they are accurate, but some are not. The other thing that comes to mind is your hand size the Ruger is narrower and lighterthan the XD's or the older Ruger P-89's. If you have smaller hands the Ruger SR-9 maybe be a better choice for you. Honesly either one is a fine example of workmanship. Good luck.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck rugermike,I like bigger grips,usually have to fit larger grips or choose 1 with larger grips to fit in my big paws.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the XD.

I now have 3 of them.....My original XD 40 Tactical has been thru ALOT and the only problems it has ever had was when my brothers wife was shooting it. It had some FTEs due to her limp wristing it. I just purchased a Sub Compact 9mm for $479.99, and with the promo I get another 2 mags for it for free. I also got a 4" service while I was at it in 9mm as well.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:15 AM

Since I began reading gun forums on the net, I have found that some people are very sensitive when it comes to firearms. That being said, have you considered the Smith & Wesson M&P? I recently purchased a M&P 9L and I love the features and accessories it comes with. Three backstraps, case and two magazines. My wife, who never shot a pistol till recently,shot it several times and really likes it. It is not designed for concealed carry, but they do make a compact in several calibers. By the way, my son has a XD 9 and he and I both love it as well.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't handled or shot the Ruger, but I do love my XD9 Service Model. The M&P's seem to also be popular now, but I wonder if that's more because S&W already have such inroads into police community and not necessarily because it's a better platform than the XD.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I will bump this thread up, I am in the same boat.....XD or SR9.

I have always been a Ruger fan. I own several rifles and a MK 22/45.
I really really like the feel of the SR9 but, I got my hands on a XD40 last week and liked it as well too.
The .40 would be a better defense gun I think; harder hitting...the rounds of course a lil more $$.
Decisions, Decisions.....I will get one of these in the next year.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

The only Ruger semi automatic handgun I would ever own is a .22 long rifle. I just don't like their semi autos at all. The XD is a great gun and I would go with that.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

This is not even a fair fight !!! The XD's !! Let's at least pick something that's on a level playing field.

Quick Reply: Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.