Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 autoloading shotguns >

autoloading shotguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

autoloading shotguns

Old 11-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Default autoloading shotguns

looking for feedback on benelli and beretta, whats your favorite?
Old 11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: autoloading shotguns

Both are great guns. Go shoulder them at the gunshop, and bring home the one that fits you the best.

I personally shoot Benelli autos, Berettas can't be shimmed enough to fit me properly.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd look more into reliability and proven shotguns before just jumping on the big names. Remington makes some awesome shotguns for a lot less than the names you listed.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always wondered what the big deal was with benelli before I got my 1st benelli-a legacy 12 gauge. After I got that 1st 1,I was shocked at how smooth and easy to shoot they are. Just about anybody that picked it up could hit claybirds 1st time ever trying shooting moving targets-even my wife and babygirl. Heck-it seemed I had to TRY to miss. Naturally there's a lot of people that's never had experience with them,therefore don't have a clue what they're talking about that'll CLAIM other shotguns are just as good-ignore them. Now if a man has plenty of experience at shooting all the different shotguns and personally prefers other brand,then I respect his decision. It's just when being called "eliteist" by people that havn't even shot enough different shotguns-and especially benellis or berettas to even form an opinion is what cracks me up. The benelli is inertia operated and the beretta is gas operated,both are excellent shotguns. What you need to do is compare both side by side to see which feels better in YOUR hands. Also,both brands have stock adjustment shims in order to fit you better. Personally,benelli is my brand but either 1 will more than serve you well.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest difference between the 2 guns you have asked about is... the beneli is inertia and the Berreta is gas operated. The gas will kick a little less but will have a little less distance. The inertia will kick more but have a little more distance.(very little) The other main difference is the Benelli is a lot easier to clean. ( IMEAN A LOT EASIER ). I have owned both and both were amazing shotguns, but for the ease of cleaning the Benelli was my favorite.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

I always wondered what the big deal was with benelli before I got my 1st benelli-a legacy 12 gauge. After I got that 1st 1,I was shocked at how smooth and easy to shoot they are. Just about anybody that picked it up could hit claybirds 1st time ever trying shooting moving targets-even my wife and babygirl. Heck-it seemed I had to TRY to miss. Naturally there's a lot of people that's never had experience with them,therefore don't have a clue what they're talking about that'll CLAIM other shotguns are just as good-ignore them. Now if a man has plenty of experience at shooting all the different shotguns and personally prefers other brand,then I respect his decision. It's just when being called "eliteist" by people that havn't even shot enough different shotguns-and especially benellis or berettas to even form an opinion is what cracks me up. The benelli is inertia operated and the beretta is gas operated,both are excellent shotguns. What you need to do is compare both side by side to see which feels better in YOUR hands. Also,both brands have stock adjustment shims in order to fit you better. Personally,benelli is my brand but either 1 will more than serve you well.
Good post, I agree with everything you said. Also I had to laugh as you were talking about the guys who bash benelli and beretta just because they haven't owned or shot one, because I know a guy just like that who just cracks me up. He swears his mossberg pump is better quality than my benelli any day . But anyway about the question, I own and shoot remingtons,brownings, berettas and benellis. Out of these my favorite is my benelli supersport. I also have a beretta 391, and it doesn't fit me as well. No doubt its a high quality gun, just not the best for me. I also shoot a benelli supernova for turkeys, and its a world of difference over the remington 870 I used to hunt turkeys with.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Last year I got the Benelli M2, and I really like it. It is definately worth the extra $$. The Remington semi-autos are ok if you like lugging around an extra 1 1/4 pounds of weight. I myself would get a Franchi I12 for around $700.00 over a Remington 11-87.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunting the North

Last year I got the Benelli M2, and I really like it. It is definately worth the extra $$. The Remington semi-autos are ok if you like lugging around an extra 1 1/4 pounds of weight. I myself would get a Franchi I12 for around $700.00 over a Remington 11-87.
NOOOO! NOT A POUND AND A QUARTER!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

SWThomas

Remington 11-87 - 28" Barrel: 8.25 pounds
Benelli M2 - 28: Barrel: 7.2 pounds
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally prefer Benelli over Beretta. I shoot a Benelli M2 and it just fit me a lot better than the Berettas did. The Berettas always seemed like they were too block for me.......

JMHO though.....

Quick Reply: autoloading shotguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.