Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe >

H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe

Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Default H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe

Im looking fora bush gun for here in New Brunswick Canada, Which can get REALL thick in some places, I dont want to spend a lot of money on something i am going to be beating around the woods with, and have been hearing alot of good things about the H&R Ultra Slug Hunters.
I was just wondering if anyone has one of these, and what they think of them,

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe

I've seen nothing but good from them and have been pleasantly suprized with their performance. They also offer several inches shorter package as there's no long reciever to contend with.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

The USH shines as a long range acurate slug gun, kinda oposite of what you are looking for.
When You say "brush Gun", "real thick" I say smooth bore Moss 500 or Rem 870, mount a red dot on top of the reciever. for $200 total this is a good, cheap, deadly brush gun, and to boot you are shoting $3.00 box slugs, not $13.00.

Nick
Old 11-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have one,best slug gun yet, shot deer in the brush more deer parts on brush than on the ground then i have shot one at 111 yards and one at 127 yards best all around slug gun
Old 11-29-2008, 03:52 AM

I have noticed the short version, but on the website its to my understanding the shorter version on comes in the 20ga. I was realling looking for a 12ga.
Slackdaddy yes, i understand what u are saying, but i would like something that will also reach out and touch something if needed, and something to play with at the range.
Ialso love the look of them with the big heavy barrel,

The only problem is i am having trouble finding one here in Canada, which i do with just about every gun i try to buy. I can find the Slug Hunter, but i was looking for the Deluxe.....

Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know if you can get this in Canada, buthere you go.

(1 Image) [/align]

Harrington & Richardson Ultra-Slug Deluxe 12 ga.
(GA Number: 979383365) Classified Ad

Harrington & Richardson Shotguns

Harrington & Richardson Ultra-Slug Deluxe 12 ga. New in Box with manual and sling. Green-gray-brown laminated stock. This fully rifled single-sh ...(read more)

Seller: KZ Sports (FFL Dealer)
$230.00

GA Sales: 120
[/align]

Old 11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's some good feedback

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...age=1&key=

Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Spike

i have one in 12 ga. at 9 lbs its not really a walk around gun. i love mine but if you have bears & such a quick follow up shot would be nice to have.i might give the marlin guide guns a look. lever action & big calibers.45-70 & .44.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the replys, i am not worried about weight, im a big guy and walking around with 8 or 9 pounds doesnt really bother me too much,
As far as the bears go, im in Eastern Canada and we only have the Blacks, a heatly does of them, but iv'e been working with bears now for 6 or 7 years guiding hunters and have had some pretty up close and personal encounters with them to say the least, haha, but im not really worried about them enough to carry something just to defend myself.

IM really interested in these guns, but it looks like im going to have a huge problem finding one here in Canada just like everything else i try to get here.

It Pisses me off 2 Countries are so close together and we cant even trust each other enough to ler citizens buy certain things in each country.
I bought a new Sako here about a few months ago, i was having troubles finding the scope i wanted here in Canada so i said well i will just order one from the Stats somewhere, after being denied by a few stores i finally found out that the Stores in the US are not allowed to ship a rifle scope across the Border Since 9/11.
And i wont even begin to get into our gun law up here......haha
anyways, thanks for the input, hopfully i will be able to find one here somewhere!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Slackdaddy

The USH shines as a long range acurate slug gun, kinda oposite of what you are looking for.
When You say "brush Gun", "real thick" I say smooth bore Moss 500 or Rem 870, mount a red dot on top of the reciever. for $200 total this is a good, cheap, deadly brush gun, and to boot you are shoting $3.00 box slugs, not $13.00.

Nick

I agree but wouldn't waste the money on a scope (especially a red dot) on a brush gun. Rifled sights would work best. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: H&R Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.