Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I BOUGHT A GUN!! .........FINALY! >

I BOUGHT A GUN!! .........FINALY!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I BOUGHT A GUN!! .........FINALY!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM

Default RE: I BOUGHT A GUN!! .........FINALY!

Another vote for the 535. I got a great deal on mine to and have never had a shotgun shoulder this well.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM

That is awesome you are blessed! I have the 870 combo for my son and both are solid performers but I like the feel of the Mossberg better also.

This is the one that I have my sights on for dad

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_870/model_870_express_ShurShot_synthetic_cantilever.as p
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BIG DONNIE BRASCO

Well I took the plunge!
I went to Cabela's to "window shop". (Bad idea)
I had planned on holding several different shotguns but the general consensus from you all was that Remington 870 was probably the way to go.
I looked at a new 870 combo, and it felt fine, and it was $490.
I then went to the used guns and saw a SWEET FULL camo shotgun and I hefted it up and it just felt sweet! I looked at the tag and it was a Mossberg 535 ATS. The tag said $330, and it still had all the stickers a new gun would have. I put it down and then went looking in the "bargain cave". As a weird coincidence one of the first things to catch my eye was a scoped / rifled barrel SPECIFICALY for the 535 ATS. This was the ONLY barrel for sale in there and it was listed for $130. I am the guy that was stuggling to find a way to get a decent setup for shooting deer AND turkey for under $500!
The guys in the gun area at Cabelas in KCMO are AWESOME. In fact I never even asked, but the salesman OFFERED to take $20 off the gun as he was writing me up! I asked about the history of the gun and he said it came in yesterday from a guy that wanted to trade up, and he never put a single round through it!
So I ended up with a Mossy 535 ATS in SWEET camo, and a scoped/rifled barrel for $460! That's pretty good I think!
The only pisser is some dipwad sales dude sold me rifled slugs instead of sabot rounds for a rifled barrel. I know... I shoulda checked more closely!

Now I just need to go kill something!!!

Thanks again for all of your patience with my stupid newby questions..... there are plenty more where that came from!

Don
It's actually in Kansas City, Kansas but I'm just picking. I think for the most part you are right, but one dumba$$ working there lost a $750 sale a day before hunting season. My dad was wanting to buy a Browning .270 lever action and had the guy put the gun behind the counter. Dad told him that he was going to get a few more things and he would be right back. Well when he came back to fill out the paper work and buy the gun, the guy had gone on break. A half an hour later, we decided we had waited long enough and dad decided he would just use his 30-.06 instead (he wanted the Browning because it was shorter, lighter and would make an excellent brush gun). I guess the guy couldn't wait for a 10 minutes and lost out on some commission...... dumba$$.....
Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Dozen that is a sweet slugger! I actually am partial to THAT gun, but I am just superficial enough to have bought the Mossy because of price, and it was "PERTY"