Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Do I want accutrigger? >

Do I want accutrigger?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Do I want accutrigger?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Spike

Default Do I want accutrigger?

I am a novice at shooting rifles. Would the Savage accutrigger be a good thing or bad thing for me? My handgus experience is with a wheel gun (.357) and 9mm S&W. Rifles nothing. What do I gain by the accutrigger? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 AM

Default RE: Do I want accutrigger?

I've only shoot one rifle with a Accutrigger, a 243.
I was teaching a kid to shoot, he had never shot anything other than a 22 and didn't have any problems.
I don't think you'll have any trouble learning how to shoot it well.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 AM

Yes you want the accutrigger if you get a Savage. They are much better triggers then previous year Savage rifles.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Spike

You certainly do. Best thing to come along since sliced bread. My 10FP in .308 outshoots my Rem.700 all day. The trigger has a lot to do with that.
I have stopped buying anything but Savage.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Also i dont know what your budget is but Tikka T3's have the best trigger out on a factory rifle right now and at $550 you cant beat it. Mine is extremely accurate.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the accutrigger also, don't think you will have any problems with it.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM

I have 2 of them and I love them I think they make me shoot alot better
Old 11-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I didn't think that I wanted one. I have a good trigger on my Browning and the older Savage factory trigger felt OK to me. I tried the Accutrigger and really liked it after I got used to it. It's sort of like shooting a 2-stage AR trigger.

You do have to be conscious of your finger placement. If you are used to just touching the edge of the trigger shoe and not placing the pad of your finger square in the center, you will get misfires.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Accu-trigger is a great system, and if you get a Savage you most definately want one with the accutrigger. The accutrigger has been standard for all centerfire Savage rifles for a couple years at least, so if you find a Savage CF rifle w/o the accutrigger, it's at least 3 or 4 years old. Savage also makes the Stevens brand rifles, which are similar but lack the accutrigger. I have 2 Savage rifles, an 111 .30-06 and a 10ML-II muzzleloader. Both have Accutriggers and I love the trigger on both. Adjusting the trigger is a simple one-screw procedure that you can do w/o voiding the warrantee. Both of mine are set at 2.5lbs and break clean with no perceptable creep. As far as the trigger safety, if you haven't shot a gun with one before (like a Glock or Springfield XD), it might feel a bit strange at first, but the pull weight of the trigger safety is probably 1/2 lb at most, and once you touch the trigger itself, you wont even know it's there.

Mike

Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any rifle will shoot better with a good trigger. That being said the Accutrigger breaks cleanly and is nice shooting. However, I picked up a Tikka at the gun shop last night. The first one I ever had in my hand. As Retaks says, the trigger is excellent. And the Bolt is very slick. The only thing I saw on it that I don't like is the polymer magazine. I know its tough stuff I have a couple pistols made with it. But on a rifle magazine it feels out of place. Even so, I don't think it will be a deterent in buying one.
And Since Savage came out with the accutrigger, other companies like Ruger and Remington have followed suit - improving or redesigning their triggers. I haven't tried the new Rem or Ruger triggers so I can't talk about them.

Quick Reply: Do I want accutrigger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.