HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   thanks democrates (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/271865-thanks-democrates.html)

outdoorsmen 11-04-2008 11:51 PM

thanks democrates

you just made my gun collection increase in value tenfold.
and illigal in the future.

RenaissanceBiker 11-05-2008 05:32 AM

RE: thanks democrates

I couldn't find "illigal" in my dictionary.

statjunk 11-05-2008 05:54 AM

It means being wrong while being in the wrong.

Tom

Pawildman 11-05-2008 06:19 AM

While I'm not exactly thrilled over the election results, I'm not ready to push the panic button just yet......What we got is what we got, and we have no option but to live with it for at least four years. We'll see......

Alsatian 11-05-2008 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

While I'm not exactly thrilled over the election results, I'm not ready to push the panic button just yet......What we got is what we got, and we have no option but to live with it for at least four years. We'll see......
Yes. Maybe things won't be so bad.

A new assault weapon ban (AWB) is likely. If you want one, you better go buy one now and all the associated accessories, such as moderate to high capacity magazines. As I understand, in the last AWB previously purchased firearms and gear were not banned but were "grandfathered" in.

What else is in the sights of the emboldened Democrats? Who knows.

I think vigilance and readiness to vocally call Democrats out on proposed legislation is an important part of the game plan. Choosing one's battles will also be important. Obstreperously fighting a mild manner gun control bill may damage credibility with the non-gun owning public (or at least the public that knows precious little about guns and could care less) and innoculate the public against activation when something seriously ugly is proposed -- such as banning "cop killer ammunition," where cop killer is defined to be anything that penetrates average police bullet-proof vests. This last is the measure I fear -- as it would likely sweep up most powerful centerfire cartridges such as the .30-06, .270, .25-06, .243, etc.

nralover 11-05-2008 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

you just made my gun collection increase in value tenfold.
and illigal in the future.
Don't blame the dems- the republicans are free to vote as well. You can't fight for your guns if you can't eat, and the plain truth of it is that the current administration has put this economy in the toilet...

Chris_H 11-05-2008 07:33 AM

Just because Obama will be president doesn't mean that everything hes wants to happen will... there's still the Congress and the Senate to override him.

stalkingbear 11-05-2008 09:37 AM

The sad thing is the normal stopchecks that's usually in place isn't there,we are looking at liberal congress & senate controlled by demsnot to mention the prez. It will be much easier to get anti-bills pushed thru that normally wouldn't make it. The nra has cried wolf for so long that not enough people paid them heed when they should have. I wouldn't be suprized if a bunch of the membersin this group/forum voted for him.[:@]

Doe Dumper 11-05-2008 10:21 AM

Unfortunately Bear..there were more than a few.

bigangrychicken 11-05-2008 10:36 AM

The economy went in the toilet thanks to the mortgage crisis. This was brought on by Clinton's "equal credit for everyone policy." W didn't help matters, that's true. But don't be a simpleton that the Dems want you to be. You can thank Bill Clinton and our people's own "spoiled brat" mentality for that.