HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Is this a good buy?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/270353-good-buy.html)

Blueditch42 10-27-2008 08:14 PM

Is this a good buy??

REMINGTON MODEL 700: stainless, synthetic, 7mm Magnum, bases & rings, looks & shoots good $480
Also, it seems like to me that left hand rifles are hard to come by. I have shot a right hand auto left handed my hole life it doesnt seem to bother me. But i havent ever shot a bolt action. What do you guys think?

goatbrother 10-27-2008 09:50 PM

RE: Is this a good buy??

Should be a good gun. The 700 mountain LSS 270I have has served quite well. I paid a lot more than that about 5 years ago and that didn't include the bases and rings either.

wis_bow_huntr 10-28-2008 07:03 AM

Any model 700 is a good gun, but buyer beware, remington is going to be stopping production on the the 700 line and parts will no longer be available. Im not sure when this is going to happen but thats what I read in a magazine the other day.

bronko22000 10-28-2008 07:11 AM

I'm lefty and I have several left hand bolt actions. Yes I've shot right handed ones for a while. But after using a left hander, I won't go back. I'm like you too - I shoot right handed semi-auto and pump shotguns and it doesn't bother me at all.
As for getting parts for a 700 - I don't think you will have to worry about that. Even if they quit making them (which is hard to beilieve). I have a lefty in .270 for owver 40 years and I haven't replaced anything on it except the scope. And that rifle has been used hard all over the country.

eldeguello 10-28-2008 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

remington is going to be stopping production on the the 700 line and parts will no longer be available.
"Believe nothing that you read, and only half of what you see"....

So what will Reminton do w/o the 700? Come out with something better, or just rely on their Russian imports to stay in business? Or is Rem. going belly up too??

Steve863 10-28-2008 07:34 AM

Any model 700 is a good gun, but buyer beware, remington is going to be stopping production on the the 700 line and parts will no longer be available. Im not sure when this is going to happen but thats what I read in a magazine the other day.
I would be VERY curious to know where you read this information? The model 700 has been Remington's flagship gun since the early 60's and maybe the most popular bolt-gun ever made, so I find it hard to believe that they would be completely scrapping it.

Blueditch42 10-28-2008 08:18 PM

What does the SUB MOA mean?

goatbrother 10-28-2008 08:28 PM

Will shoot into less than one inch at one hundred yards.

Blueditch42 10-28-2008 08:48 PM

Thanks goat! What about 300 wsm? Forgive me i am an idiot!!!