Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 another which rifle to buy post >

another which rifle to buy post

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

another which rifle to buy post

Old 10-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Default RE: another which rifle to buy post

Let me know as soon as you get it on some paper.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Another vote for the Tikka T3 Lite. I have had one now for 4 years in a 7mm-08. I've taken deer all 4 years, one shot out to 288 yards. Very accurate and SMOOOOOOOOOTH!! I have a Nikon Monarch 4X16 w/BDC mounted and when shooting with the guys, well they're impressed! I am thinking on swapping my old TC .223 for a Tikka .223 Varmint soon!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

Will do so. I hate to set up a rifle this late in the year, but thats the way it goes.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the chance to shoot a T3 in 7mm mag this summer. My buddy bought it last year and we used it as a backup to our bows for a caribou hunt. I was very impressed with the way it shot. Under 2" group averageoverall from three different people shooting it. The only reason I said Savage is that they are a little cheaper and easier to find, but yes, Tikka would be a good choice along with Ruger, or a Vanguard.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

A .30-'06 is like that nice girl who lives next door. A girl like that means you've always got a decent date to the prom, even if she isn't your first choice. Same for the caliber. The man carrying a .30 '06 is hunting pretty much anything he wants to hunt.

I have a savage 110 because the model's very affordable and has been around for 50 or so years. It made a Field and Stream top fifty list of best modern firearms a few years ago. They are as accurate as any rifle out there. Mine doesn't have it, but I hear their accu-trigger is a gem. Great value for the money.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the replys guys
Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Spike

since no one mentioned the good old 270win. very close to the 30.06 just a little smaller bullet. if u cant find a good 30.06 take a look ata 270.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 AM

If you have any friends with rifles you could fire to see which one you like best, this would be a good way of going about choosing a rifle. When I bought my first gun, I let my cousin convince me that his trusty .30-.30 was a canon that could kill anything that we had here in Hawaii. WhenIshot my first boar with it and the bullet barely reached his vitals, I knew that I should get something a little bigger just in case. Don't get me wrong, that trusty .30-.30 continues to rack up animals for my cousin, but I settled on a 30-06 rather than a .30-.30 because of what I experienced when I tried my cousins gun. To me it's always better to have too much gun than not enough!

Axis
Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Very good advice so far. I carry a Remington Model 700 in the .30-06 and it's a great gun. If I could afford to trade rifles, I think I'd definately go wit the Tikka T3 lite. I've really had a hankering for this gun ever since I held one for the first time. It's got the smoothest action I've ever felt on a gun and it just "fits' me well. When shouldering the weapon everything comes up right where it should be.......

GH
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

CZ 6.5mmSwede

Quick Reply: another which rifle to buy post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.