Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 44 Mag LEVERevolution >

44 Mag LEVERevolution

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

44 Mag LEVERevolution

Old 09-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Yes - LE are made for tube mags. They dropped a rifle from around 15ft with a loaded mag over 10,000 times and did not have one discharge from the blunt force. Extensive testing also occured from firing rounds 10,000-15,000 rounds.

Likewise new firearms to market and existing firearms subject to part revision changes are subject to 5,000-15,000 test cycles before production ready to market.

Hornady would not market an unsafe bullet. Load up your mag to the max.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Marlin 336SS in 30-30, and I'm going to be using the leverevolution ammo. I talked to the Hornady rep at the SHOT show and he has me convinced. The whole idea started because they wanted to be the first with a pointed bullet for use in tube magazines. What they wound up with is a bullet that expands reliably at almost any velocity. He told me that one of the hardest parts of designing a bullet is the comprimise between keeping the bullet from fragmenting at high velocity, but also have the ability to have any expansion at all when they are shot at lower velocities. One thing that works in favor of the leverevolution rounds is the relatively low velocity when compared with todays super magnum cartridges. Fragmentation isn't a problem at these lower speeds. What they found when testing the flex tip is that even the 30-30 gave a perfect mushroom at 300 yards. When the tip hits the animal, it's not just driven back like a plastic tipped bullet, but rather because it's made of rubber, the tip expands outwards as it becomes shorter (it squishes out). This squishing starts the expansion by pushing the copper jacket outwards, which causes the bullet to perform at longer ranges and lower velocities.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

How well do they handle being loaded and unloaded several times. Do the tips hold up like the old Imperial 30-30's? Remember them with the nylon tip??

HA
Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntAway
How well do they handle being loaded and unloaded several times. Do the tips hold up like the old Imperial 30-30's? Remember them with the nylon tip??

HA
They'll hold up just fine. Give them a try, I think that you will be impressed.