HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Gun Appraisal?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/267438-gun-appraisal.html)

John Deer 10-10-2008 01:44 PM

Gun Appraisal??

What is a 1940 German Luger 9mm in very good condition worth??

bronko22000 10-10-2008 03:59 PM

RE: Gun Appraisal??

Aww heck, since no one wants it or is giving you a price, I'll send you $25 + shipping to take it off your hands. Just send me a pm with your address.

John Deer 10-13-2008 10:03 AM

Thanks for the offer Clem, but I think I'll just hold on to it a little longer;):D. Actually a guy is wanting to trade it to me for a Ruger 357 magnum that I have and I was just curious what it might be worth. I think I've figured it out though by checking a couple of other gun appraisal sites.

Maine Shooter 10-13-2008 02:36 PM

I'm not a Luger guy, but I do know there's enough variables in them besides "very good condition" needed for an appriasal. Same goes with the Rugers.

John Deer 10-13-2008 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

I'm not a Luger guy, but I do know there's enough variables in them besides "very good condition" needed for an appriasal. Same goes with the Rugers.
I realize that, I was just trying to get a rough estimate from someone, but I did some further research and found out what I needed to know. Thanks anyway.

jeepguy2 10-13-2008 10:18 PM

I am guessingthat is a byf made by mauser. I have one made in 42 with all matching numbers (except for the magazine) that is in mint condition. It is aWWII vet bring backandit appraised for $1500 whenI inherited it 8 years ago. I would guess that it would be worth close to $2K now.

IfI were youI would make the swap before the dude changes his mind!

AZBear 10-13-2008 10:27 PM

Very good condition to me means...never been shot and only dropped once! :)

jeepguy2 10-13-2008 10:39 PM

TheLuger I have looks like it left the factory yesterday.

John Deer 10-14-2008 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: jeepguy2

I am guessingthat is a byf made by mauser. I have one made in 42 with all matching numbers (except for the magazine) that is in mint condition. It is aWWII vet bring backandit appraised for $1500 whenI inherited it 8 years ago. I would guess that it would be worth close to $2K now.

IfI were youI would make the swap before the dude changes his mind!
Yeah, that's what it is. Like yours it has all matching numbers except magazine and has no visible wear. It's in the same condition as my Ruger 357. I thought it was a no brainer after doing some research, so I told the guy I'd trade. Thanks for the advice fellas.

bronko22000 10-14-2008 11:15 AM

John - you can probably do better than that trade from a reputable gun dealer. Aint no way a Ruger is worth $1500 - $2000.