Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Walmart Remington 770 >

Walmart Remington 770

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart Remington 770

Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Walmart Remington 770

Better yet,stay away from Wal Mart for gun purchases. The NRA has reported that Wal Mart is now video taping all gun sales. As an FFL dealer, I can almost match their prices and not invade the customers privacy.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TheMiz54

Has anyone bought the Remington 770 .270 with the scope that comes with it? Im thinking about getting the 770 but wanted to know if the scope that is on it is a good quality scope or if I should buy the gun and get a different scope. Thanks
I'm probably the biggest Remington fan on here, but if Fisher-Price made a hunting rifle I'd probably buy it before I bought a Remington 770.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

Went to a gun show today. Now is the time to buy used guns!! The deals are everywhere! People need money, the economy is tight, bargains are to be had. Dont even bother with Walmart unless you need milk and eggs....
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM

could you please tell me what is so wrong with this gun

as a brand new hunter I bought a Rem. 770 in the .270 cal.
I had to sight in the scope because it was about 2-3 feet off the target. besides that it shoots well IMO..I'm dead center at 100 yds.
when I bought this gun I did some research and bang for the buck seemed like a good deal, like I said this will be my 1st season hunting and this is my 1st rifle, but I'm not a newbe to guns
I was just wondering why so many people are against this rifle...didI wastemy money?

also just in case anyone asks NO! I didn't get this from Wal-mart...I bought it from a local firearms dealer with a good history in my area

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 770 is made with very low quality components,and uses a pressed in barrel.The action is rough,and the trigger is no better.A stevens 200 is a much better rifle.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably the best beginner gun for the money is the Howa. You can get some screamin deals on a Howa with a scope included.

It's 100 times the gun the 770 will ever be and you have more caliber choices. This is a gun you could use your whole life without a problem. I can't say the same about the 770.

This is just an example:
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ducts_id=85957

there is a ton of different HOWA combos out there.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not really the accuracy of the 770 that is the problem it is the quality and the longevity of it. If you for a 700 you will one day pass it on to your kids and grandkids but the 770 probably won't last that long.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't use that gun and scope if WalMart gave it away. Seriously. I'm not speaking from a position of arrogance either.

I work too hard and have precious little time to hunt these days, therefore I will not use cheap equiptment. Period.

That doesn't mean you have to buy top of the line. All my rifles were bought used and they wear scopes purchased for under $250.00. They are perfectly servicable, reliable and accurate. The scopes work in any weather and don't loose zero. That's all I want.

My guns are:

1978 Remington 700 in 30.06 with an "oldie but goodie" Redfield Illuminator 3X9X43. This is my favorite rifle.

1980s Ruger Model 77 in .270 with a Burris 3X9 ballistic reticle (scope purchased off Ebay slightly used for $110.00.

1998 Browning A-Bolt in .243 with a Bushnell 4X12X42. This is my coyote/deer combo gun. (scope bought on Ebay new for less than $250.00)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is wrong with them is they are built so cheaply in design and manufacturing techniques that they simply wasn't made to last. The barrel is pressed in like most (inexpensive) rimfires,the bolt is designed in such a way that it is encased in plastic and rides in plastic guideways,this means that the ONLY solid sreel lockup is the bolt lugs and the plastic wears away VERY quickly,the magazine release has broken or fell out on a lot of them,and they've had lots of problems with safetys. As soon as any kind of burr starts stripping away a groove in the plastic,it WILL become extremely hard to operate and will need to be sent back. Do yourself a HUGE favor and sell/trade it and get a rifle that's more traditionally manufactured that will last you a lifetime! I flat out refuse to carry the remington 710/770 for ANY price or incentive!

ORIGINAL: irishhunter

could you please tell me what is so wrong with this gun
Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: damascusblade5

Better yet,stay away from Wal Mart for gun purchases. The NRA has reported that Wal Mart is now video taping all gun sales. As an FFL dealer, I can almost match their prices and not invade the customers privacy.
Honestly, there is one place around here. Well, a few towns over that seem to be slightly higher on a few things and slightly cheaper on a few things than Wal-Mart so it sort of evens out but other than that I've yet to find a gun shop that comes even close to Wal-Marts prices.

Why is them video taping gun sales bad? Maybe I don't get it but I don't really see why it should bother anyone if they get video taped while buying a gun. Don't most gun shops have camera's anyway? Or most stores I'd assume?

Honestly if a gun shop could give me just as good of a price and not crappy service as in worst that Wal-Marts no service I wouldn't have a problem buying from them. I really like the one I talked about above however our local gun shop has been horrible to deal with when I've had problems. As in way worse than Wal-Mart and their prices are way way way higher.

Another thing I don't want to do is have to haggle to get the prices down to Wal-Marts. If you want to sell me something and will sell it for a price don't put a way higher price on it and expect me to haggle with you. More than likely I'm going to call around and whoever is cheapest is whom I'm going with. So if you tell me a high price instead of me haggling I'm more than likely just going to buy from someone else.

Quick Reply: Walmart Remington 770

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.