Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Stoeger Condor >

Stoeger Condor

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoeger Condor

Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Spike

Default Stoeger Condor

Does anyone have any experience with the Stoeger Condor? I'm in the market for an over/under, and this looks like a lot of bang for my buck. I'm looking specifically at the combo set. This has two sets of barrels, 28" 12ga. and 26" 20ga. Are they the real deal, or it is it like to old addage, "too good to be true".
Old 10-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stoeger Condor

I bought a 20 gauge Stoeger Condor as a christmas present for my wife last year. She likes to shoot skeet but my 12 gauge Charles Dalysemi-auto was too heavy for her. It is a nice gun but we had a busy summer and haven't put too many shells through it. My 17 year old daughter loves it and wants me to buy her one.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine has a 20 gauge and it shoots great. We use it alot for playing around with our trap thrower. For the price they seem to be a good buy.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a little rough around the edges so to speak but I have two friends that have them and don't have any problems and seem to like them. They are casual shooters though so they don't get used too hard.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM

I purchased a Stoeger Condor 16ga last hunting season an have had a great time with this O/U . The fact that it's 16ga is sort of nice nostalgic. Have used it Upland as well as Deer hunting .The Condor IMO is a nice shotgun for the money .Dispite what some say about Stoeger. It has operated flawlessly . The only thing is the wood is nice but the finish could be better. If you add a few coats of Tru Oil to the stock it looks alot nicer.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one in 20ga. It works well for its intended purpose which is hunting, and casual clay shooting. Hasn't missed a beat yet.
I would not recommend one for volume clay shooting though, they really are not built for that sort of thing.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Spike

Thanks for the input. Right now it's a tossup between the Condor Combo or the Mossberg Silver Reserve. I like the idea of getting two guns for the price of one. Keeping in mind the preceeding advice of course, I now know what kind of use to keep them within. Or, I could just go with the Mossberg and settle for one O/U and be just as happy. Decisions, decisions, ain't life tough? Thanks again guys.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and it shoots fairly well, I jsut prefer the browning over it. It does seem to rust easily when taken out in a rain and elt alone for say 8 hrs, but wipes rigth off. The price makes them attractive and as long as you take care of it then you will be fine. The company definetly improved since they were over taken by Benelli
Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Spike

I have that exact set..bought it at a box store for 450.00...it isnt as pretty as some, but the function has been flawless so far...ive used it hard and have yet to have a malfunction or even a hicup...the only downside is that it only has one bead, and it shots flat, so for sporting clays, remember to cover the clay with the bead and your golden....
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 AM

As a former gun manager for a major retailer I have plenty of experience with the Stoeger Condor, both in sales and returns. We had about 33% return for trigger malfunctions. If you open one up they are very rough . The Mossber Silver Reserve is 2x the quality at approximately the same price.

Quick Reply: Stoeger Condor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.