Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger or Tikka >

Ruger or Tikka

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger or Tikka

Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM

Default RE: Ruger or Tikka

Well if you are talking about shooting more than one group at the same target and at the same spot, thenI will often keep shooting them through the same holes shooting my Ruger MKII. Nice little three leaf and four leaf clovers or sometimes just make a bigger hole.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had two Tikkas (notice the tense ?) and three Rugers. My vote is for the Ruger... after a trigger job.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

RUGER!!! You will love it. They are accurate. And it is made right here in USA. Can't beat that!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Buy USA get a RUGER
Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well if you are talking about shooting more than one group at the same target and at the same spot, thenI will often keep shooting them through the same holes shooting my Ruger MKII. Nice little three leaf and four leaf clovers or sometimes just make a bigger hole
That makes a lot of sense . Do you even know what your talking about..? Why would someone shoot at the same spot on the target over and over? BTW I have owned about every Ruger bolt model made and they were all good shooting guns 2 were extremely good shooting guns and had 3 number 1's which shot average. I wouldn't buy another Ruger like I wouldn't buy another Tikka just for different reasons.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 AM

RUGER !!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a T3 in 25-06. When I got it last year, it took about 3 shots to sight the scope in. I then shot 60 rounds through it over the next few hours. Very accurate right out of the box and the trigger is great. I've tried 5 different factory loads and they all shoot good groups, different, but good. The only negatives I have is it's really tight if you want to load a round from the top and I wish the clip held another round.

I have a MarkII 7mm mag. I bought the gun for $495 new. Out of the box it wouldn't hit the side of a barn. After changing to a timney trigger, hogue pillar bedded stock, and reloading my own rounds, it will shoot as good as the T3. I've yet to find a factory round that will shoot good in it.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Well if you are talking about shooting more than one group at the same target and at the same spot, thenI will often keep shooting them through the same holes shooting my Ruger MKII. Nice little three leaf and four leaf clovers or sometimes just make a bigger hole
That makes a lot of sense . Do you even know what your talking about..? Why would someone shoot at the same spot on the target over and over? BTW I have owned about every Ruger bolt model made and they were all good shooting guns 2 were extremely good shooting guns and had 3 number 1's which shot average. I wouldn't buy another Ruger like I wouldn't buy another Tikka just for different reasons.
Oh I have to appologize mister "one ragged hole". You never messed around at the rifle range before? Basically what I did was keep making the hole bigger. What is so hard to understand about that and what exactly is your problem? Next time I will make sure not to do that now that I know that it is not acceptable for you. Yeah right. Go pack sand..
Old 10-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh I have to appologize mister "one ragged hole". You never messed around at the rifle range before? Basically what I did was keep making the hole bigger. What is so hard to understand about that and what exactly is your problem? Next time I will make sure not to do that now that I know that it is not acceptable for you. Yeah right. Go pack sand..

Well if you are talking about shooting more than one group at the same target and at the same spot, thenI will often keep shooting them through the same holes shooting my Ruger MKII. Nice little three leaf and four leaf clovers or sometimes just make a bigger hole.
I was trying to decipher this post but it makes no sense to me but maybe if I wear my tinfoil hat I'll understand you better. Generally I shoot a 3 shot group at 100 yards and then either tape over the holes or shoot at the other targets and shoot another group. I know that's hard to comprehend but you'll get it eventually. Get some sand in your pants that made you irritable?

Quick Reply: Ruger or Tikka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.