HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Difference between Tikka T3 and Whitetail Hunter? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/26567-difference-between-tikka-t3-whitetail-hunter.html)

Power 03-19-2003 11:38 PM

Difference between Tikka T3 and Whitetail Hunter?

Anyone know what the differences are? I noticed the T3 has a straight stock vs. the Monte Carlo style. What else?

Deleted User 03-20-2003 06:05 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

diyj98 03-20-2003 06:46 AM

RE: Difference between Tikka T3 and Whitetail Hunter?

The T3 only comes in one action length. I assume this was a cost savings feature. I' m glad I purchased several Whitetail Hunters while I could.

308TIKKA 03-20-2003 06:55 PM

---Whitetail hunter fan here.:D
I knew the T3 was coming and i got a whitetail hunter while i could. Ever hear of the saying " if it aint broke, dont fix it" :(
I think this was Beretta' s way of putting their fingerprint of the TIkka. Notice it was redesigned by their " famous" italian designer guy. I think the T3 and its one size fits all bolt is a way of rying to draw interest/attention to the tikka line by introducing a new model that has no real feautres over the old. The T3 comes in a " lite" version as well. They could have made the whitetail hunter " lite" and been done with it.;)
There was an article in american hunter a month or two back. The ysaid all the cartirdges they tried shot MOA or better except the 270WSM, which wouldnt shopot under 4" @ 100 yards with various scopes. I think it was 4" , but youll have to read the article. I wish TIkka still offered the whitetail hunter line as well as the T3. Well they do in some versions and calibers but not like they used to. I juts got the 2003 beretta catalog. I wish they were owned by someone else.[X(]

roohunter 03-21-2003 04:22 PM

I looked at Beretta' s website and it looks like they' re still selling Whitetail Hunters. Whether they' re manufacturing many of them in favor of the T3 is another question. Looks like the Sako line looks intact.

Hopefully as T3' s get out there people will post about their experiences with them.

Vince_Ryz 03-21-2003 09:53 PM

The difference is pretty obvious to me. I would buy a Whitetail Hunter BUT I would not buy the T3. Just another example of CFO' s running a company, not shooters or hunters. Just look at what happened when Thompson Centre let the CFO source the stainless steal for the past model year!

Power 03-24-2003 12:04 AM

Looks like Tikka still has them posted as the " Hunter" model. I' m really leaning toward the Stainless Laminated, I think that' s the rifle for me. As I get closer to purchase I' ll keep posting with my results.

TREEDOG 03-24-2003 09:14 AM

Theres a tikka whitetail hunter sittin in the guncase at the local wal-mart id like to have if it wasnt in 270 winchester. They sound like great guns from all the people ive heard about on the web except for one post where some people had bad experiences. If it was 7mm-08 or 243 id buy it but sense i already have a 270 wsm theres no point. On the shortmags.org website alot of forumn members where less than happy with the changes being made and seemed to all agree the whitetail hunter was a nice rifle.

Power 03-25-2003 08:48 PM

I' ll probably get it in 7mm RM as that is what I currently have and already have hundreds invested in dies, brass, bullets, etc.

If anyone comes across one let me know how it feels. I won' t be able to get my hands on one until May it sounds like as that is when they are shipping the magnums to dealers.