Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Go ahead, brag on your Savage....... >

Go ahead, brag on your Savage.......

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Go ahead, brag on your Savage.......

Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Go ahead, brag on your Savage.......

Junk Savage at 100 yards. 5 shot groups.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

ORIGINAL: scott26

Im thinking rifle loony is somewhere wishing he had not started this post......
Contrary to your opinion things also happen off'net for those that have alife...

Work, my kids football game,my home computer down for repair, and taking my family out to dinnerall keptme busy yesterday afternoon/last night......

Any more YOU want to say on the subject?

edit spelling
Sure I will comment again. You called out Savage owners bragging about your rifle, arrogantly suggesting they couldnt shoot as good as you.

Then you ended up looking foolish when their posts starting rolling in. Out-of-the-box vs your rifle with upgrades and you ended up with egg on your face. Your right about one thing though, theres a whole lot more to do then writing posts on HNI. Thats why I wont waste any more of my time with yours.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMFAO!!!It doesn't matter with this guy Scott! It doesn't matter about egg in his face, or looking foolish,tomorrow hiswill be right back saying stupid kid chit in his own personal little war against Savage lovers!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... A 5 page already.

As far as my older Savage 110 in .308 - I LOVE IT! Back when I got a new Bushnell 3-9x40 scope mounted and boresighted, I hooked up with a buddy of mine with a solid bench rest to fine tune it. I couldn't believe the groups it got!

Savage rifles... Federal Cartridges... They are made for each other.

I don't have a scanned image of my target, but, I will say that at 100 yards, my Savage 110, locked into a bench rest, made sub-MOA groups, using Federal American Eagle 150gr rounds.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Butch for factory ammo I've always preferred Federal. Good stuff!
Old 09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Isn't it amazinghow a good trigger can make a rifle shooter shootbetter?
X2

Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

Junk Savage at 100 yards. 5 shot groups.
$40 Fan

Outstanding groups!!! What caliber?

firstshot
---------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would imagine that many of the Anti Remington people, many of which are Savage Fanatics judge things on far less and wouldn't know the difference anyway.
Who's "Anti Remington." Certainly not me, and I doubt most of the others who like their Savage rifles are against the ownership (which is what the prefix "anti" means, BTW), but rather we/they are PRO-Savage. I've said many times that Remington makes a decent rifle that will deliver accuracy suitable for most big game applications, as does Savage. What you fail to realize is that many of us simply don't have the time and/or money to drop a bunch of mods into a factory rifle to make it shoot good. Because of this the Savage is a better value if one has no intention or desire to make custom modifications to the rifle.

The rifle you use as an example is hardly stock "out-of-the-box." Not even close. The turning back the barrel and rechambering, and restocking with a full bedding job are what I'd consider major custom modifications. Lapping the lugs is a moderate modification. Precision handloading is also a major investment of time and money. This is work that most guys, including myself with the exception of handloading which I really don't have time to do anymore, but am well capable of, are not comfortable doing on their own for a variety of reasons, and how much would a competent gunsmith charge for said work? I'm betting you'd have almost as much into the parts and labor as the rifle was originally purchased for, all to shoot maybe 1/10" smaller groups than the bone stock Savage. If it's worth it to you to spend the time and money to achieve such paltry results, more power to you. But since I don't have a money tree in my back yard, I'll take my MUCH cheaper and very accurate Savage, and use the money I save to pay for the gas, food and beer so I can hunt in Minnesota this year with my brother. The deer will be just as dead if I shoot it with my rifle as it would be if you shot it with yours (provided that you can shoot when you don't have a bench and bags, that is), and the money I didn't have to spend to get my rifle to shoot well will afford me a few days of quality time with my brother who I'm lucky to see but once a year, and I'll finally get to meet my newest niece.

My point was, to those undecided sitting on the fence, is that you CAN get a Remington to shoot, and I've done much the same with factory Remmy's with far less mods than this one has............
Sure you can. I don't recall anyone saying you can't. But sometimes Rems display spotty OOB accuracy, and need considerable work to bring out their considerable potential. ALL the Savages I've owned have shot very well with no modding what-so-ever.

I would imagine that many of the Anti Remington people, many of which are Savage Fanatics judge things on far less and wouldn't know the difference anyway.
Don't we all just love disparaging blanket statements?! You've whipped out the "If you don't like what I like, or think like I think, then you must be an idiot" argument. How very idiotic of you.

Mike
Old 09-15-2008, 04:00 AM

Too funny how little it takes to twist up the Savage Queens...

Rollin'..........
Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

Too funny how little it takes to twist up the Savage Queens...

Rollin'..........
Great retort. Seriously, why didn't you attack any of driftrider's statements?

Hey, if you're happy with your Remington then why slam other companies???? [&:]Remington and Savage both make nice firearms and it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Quick Reply: Go ahead, brag on your Savage.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.