Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 opinions on autoloader shotguns >

opinions on autoloader shotguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

opinions on autoloader shotguns

Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default opinions on autoloader shotguns

Might be looking for a new autoloader. I really like the looks and feel of the beretta urika 2, but they are about $1100. It would be used for mainly dove and clay pigeons in the back yard. I already have 2 835's, a ithaca 51, browning sxs, antonio zoli o/u, and 3 or 4 other utilitarian sxs's and pumps.

Anybody else had any experience with any of the mid-priced auto loaders ($600-1000). Berettas included.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opinions on autoloader shotguns

I've got both a Remington 1100 and 1187 SPS. Both 12 gauge and great guns in my opinion. The 1187 I've had for about5 years, I think I paid about $530 through a buddy of mine that has his FFL. The 1100 I got given to me from my wife's Uncle before he passed away a couple of years ago.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Look into either a used winchester SX2 or a new SX3. Both are great guns
Old 08-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the Stoeger 2000. Well built semi-autos that use the same inertia system as the Benelli Super Black Eagle II, but for a whol lot less money (in the upper $300 to $400 range depending on features).

Mike
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The market for semi's isn't what it was even 5 years ago. Everyone now has a quality semi for sale at all price levels. Buy the one that fits the best and functions the best. If you have to stretch a little and buy a better grade so be it . Money spent on something you really want never leaves a sour taste in your mouth. A good example is theWalmart Beretta 390 I own one and bought it on closeout for 400+ . Beautiful gun and was Italian made, they make some in the US and some in Italy. Stoeger 2000 nice gun . Weatherby makes a really nice handling Turkish semi that is reasonably priced. Remington 11-87 tends to be a little heavier then the previous mentioned but reliable and will last forever. Franchis if you can find a dealer sellsthe inertia and gas models. I even bought a Beretta extrema 1 for 650 out the door used 2 years ago. Browning Gold/Winchester semis very similiar and excellent shotguns

Shop around and feel them out before you buy.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 AM

I've got an SX2 a Beretta Urika and an old Winchester 1400 (that still shoots fine). My son has a Rem1100. If I had tochose between the four, I wouldprobably choose theUrika butonly by a slight margin over the SX2. Unfortunately the Urika is a tad on the expensive side, so if I were buying a new semi-auto and working on a budget, I would go with the SX2 or SX3. In fact if the SX2 came in a 20 ga, I would have already own anotherone.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Per the price range you are looking for I would get the Franchi I12 semi-auto. They have the Inertia system, and weigh about 1 pound less than the Remington semi's. I would steer clear of the Stoeger M2000, as stated in a similar post my concern on these shotguns is the metal finish. Last time I was at Gander Moutain I saw a brand new Stoeger 2000 in black synthetic on the rack. Rust was starting to form around the vented part of the barrel.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the input. Any experience with the Huglo's.I looked at a friends yesterday. I also found a NIB 390 silver mallard for $755 here in the classifieds. I need to sell a couple of guns before I can buy anything.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try to find a used Benelli super black eagle, I love mine!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM

I have had a Weatherby 12 guage SAS autoloader made in Italy for the past three years and have been very happy with it for both target shooting and hunting purposes. I bought mine new for about $500 but prices might be a little higher now due to the decline of the Dollar against the Euro.

Quick Reply: opinions on autoloader shotguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.