Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Optilocks

Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Optilocks

Asked before about the Leupolds mounts for my sako, but after talking with a few people they said not to go with them. So am wonderign if anyone has any experiences with the Optilocks???
Old 08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Optilocks

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?categoryString=657***8705***11 713***&categoryId=15060&tabId=10&brand Id=1362&refineSearchKeyword=&sort_results_ by=manufacturer_a&pageNum=0&numberOfResult s=20

Midway sells a Sako mount that is very similiar to the optilocks it is made by Leupold but it is not the one piece design. It is made for the QD ring set. I have never tried them out but maybe the next time I will purchase them. The one thing they don't offer is thescope protection feature of a liner. Optilocks are very good rings and will not let a scope slip and yet they protect it against ring marks.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 sets of Optilock rings and bases and as previously mentioned work very well to protect the scope from any marks. The only thing I don’t like about these rings is that they set the scope fairly high. The extra low rings can still have clearance for the 50 mm Obj. lens. Another thing that some members don’t like is that the screws on the base are made of a soft material but I haven’t had any problems with mine...
Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

don’t like is that the screws on the base are made of a soft material but I haven’t had any problems with mine...
Found a work around for that. I threw away the allen wrenches that came with them and bought a hardened steel set of allen keys(metric) from Lowes Home improvement and they work like a top. Screw life went up so much that it is not even a factor anymore.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

bought a hardened steel set
I was considering that if I started having problems with mine. A quick fix that cost peanuts...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well based on 4 dollars per screw from Beretta vs 6 dollars for the wrench set I would say it is a bargain. Last time I bought screws I purchased 6 of them plus something else . A little more money spent and icould have purchased a new rifle
Old 08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

A little more money spent and i could have purchased a new rifle
Yeah, I guess that’s close to the price of a new Savage... Oops. I said the “S” word...[8D]
Old 08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I guess that’s close to the price of a new Savage... Oops. I said the “S” word...[8D]

Your such a Thavage
Old 08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have tried the Leupold's and Warne mounts on Sako rifles and I would have to say the only way to go is the Opti-lock set-up I know they are expensive but they are worth it. You can buy them at TJ General store. I hope this helps chad
Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got Optilocks on my 75 and have not had any issues. They don't have Torx head screws though. Of course it's only a 30-06, but with 180 grainers it's been fine. That said, I've also heard quite a few positive remarks about Talley's on Sakos.

Quick Reply: Optilocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.