Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need Ballistics >

Need Ballistics

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need Ballistics

Old 08-19-2008, 11:15 PM

Default Need Ballistics

I just purchased some ammo for my 7mm Rem SAUM and I was wondering if anyone had the ballistics for it. I bought Nosler Custom 160 gr Partition. Would the ballistics be much different than the Remington brand that I had been shooting? The reason for the switch is because I could not find the Remington ammo anywhere around here. I am going to Colorado in October and I want to make sure that I am dead on with my accuracy. I would hate to wound an animal because of it. Plus the fact that my bro in law would rag me hard if I missed at any range . Any help with this would be really appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 07:29 AM
DM

Default RE: Need Ballistics

ORIGINAL: Tigerfan

I just purchased some ammo for my 7mm Rem SAUM and I was wondering if anyone had the ballistics for it. I bought Nosler Custom 160 gr Partition. Would the ballistics be much different than the Remington brand that I had been shooting? The reason for the switch is because I could not find the Remington ammo anywhere around here. I am going to Colorado in October and I want to make sure that I am dead on with my accuracy. I would hate to wound an animal because of it. Plus the fact that my bro in law would rag me hard if I missed at any range . Any help with this would be really appreciated. Thanks
There's only ONE way to handle this! Take your gun and ammo to the range and test it for yourself! No one can tell you what will shoot well inYOUR rifle, without trying it in YOUR rifle.

160NP will work well on anything you will hunt with your SAUM, but you must check the ammo in your gun before hunting with it.

DM
Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

DM is right. Just because the chart says it doesn't make it so. Your rifle will react to the ammo different from the test rifle, there is usually a difference in the barrel length so velcity will be less. The only way to know for sure is to test it and make a drop chart. That's if your rifle likes that ammo at all. A 2'' group at 100 yards is a 6'' group at 300 yards.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM

I understand all of that and will do so. I was just looking for results of what other people have had with this particular ammo or if anyone had a ballistic chart to reference. I was in the Marines and I understand how and what to do but, would still like a chart to reference. I have shot Remington 160 gr NP the last several years and was very happy with it, but I cannot find it anywhere. That is why I switched ammo, thanks for you comments
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to your Remington Ammo. Link

Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 AM

Thanks for the link but, Remington no longer makes the Nosler Partition. I have emailed Nosler in hopes that they can give me a ballistic chart. Thanks again