Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!! >

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Hey if you want to spend more money to kill the same game just becauseyou like thedesign thats your choice, just don't bash people for being smart with their money.
smart with money, I beg to differ. WHy would I pay high prices for an all shortcut rifle like a Savage when I can buy a better all shortcut rifle like a Marlin xl 7 for the high 200's?

RL I learned a long time ago how true the old adage is about leading a horse to water. It is their money to waste as they want and waste they will

Ask any custom smith to build on a Savage, and you'll realize why.....
Probably laugh one right out of the shop
Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I'm guessin' the requests are few and far between........
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Probably in the single digit category
Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I'm guessin' the requests are few and far between........
What do you guys think about building on a Browning A-Bolt Action?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:13 PM

Remmy's give me the biggest bang for the buck...pun there.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

What do you guys think about building on a Browning A-Bolt Action?
It's been done a lot from what I here. There was a gunsmith that posted here that specialized in that . I wish he would post more enjoyed his posts
Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

There you go again with the design. I would like to know where in the world this design has failed? Does it kill game? Since the answer is yes then shut it up. There is no argument.
If you think the Remington design is better then say that, but to call a design that works day in and day out crappy, garbage, etc. is the height of lunacy. As far as having a gunsmith build on a Savage design I ask you.....whats the point? You don't need to have a gunsmith customize it because it already does the job. Talk your brand up all you want, but at least include a little bit of intelligence in it.
Since you like to quote adages here is one for you....Like a dog returns to its vomit so a fool returns to his folly.
Lastly, I ask you a rhetorical question.....if you have a Remington 700 action with a custom barrel, trigger, and stock is it still a Remington 700 or is it a custom rifle?
Deuces.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

man all this hype about remingtons rifles i'm ready to go trade in my H-S percision on a model 700[:'(]. it's got to be better! i regret getting my kimber 84m lpt today. boy i should have got a 700pss. when ever will i learn?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg

There you go again with the design. I would like to know where in the world this design has failed? Does it kill game? Since the answer is yes then shut it up. There is no argument.
If you think the Remington design is better then say that, but to call a design that works day in and day out crappy, garbage, etc. is the height of lunacy. As far as having a gunsmith build on a Savage design I ask you.....whats the point? You don't need to have a gunsmith customize it because it already does the job. Talk your brand up all you want, but at least include a little bit of intelligence in it.
Since you like to quote adages here is one for you....Like a dog returns to its vomit so a fool returns to his folly.
Lastly, I ask you a rhetorical question.....if you have a Remington 700 action with a custom barrel, trigger, and stock is it still a Remington 700 or is it a custom rifle?
Deuces.
Cheap is as Cheap does, and folks like you are probably gonna elect Obama.........

'Nuffsaid...............
Old 09-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the part where no one copied the infamous Savage design even after the patent ran out got to you and your panties are in a wad since you have to resort to name calling. That part means I won this argument. Put a clothespin on your nose and just acknowledge the fact that you bought a second rate bolt action rifle that is cobbled together correctly at the factory and shoots relatively well out of the box.In spite of your best efforts and those of others I cannot be that brainwashed to believe it is anything but a cheap design much like a YUGO,CHRYSLER,FIAT take your pick and since money is a precious commodity to me I don't throw it away wastefully. I am far from convinced mind you that a Remington is the endall rifle but it is a country mile or 2 or 3 ahead of the best of the best Savage has ever spewed forth from that factory. In closing I would just like to add that life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

Quick Reply: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.