Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!! >

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

I have been reading a lot of posts about Remington vs. Savage. So here goes. I looked at two comparable rifles. I want to know which one you would buy?? And why??

I compared the Remington 700SPS-online price of $490. And the Savage 111-F, which has an online price of $465. These rifle are very comparable. Blued finish, synthetic stock, and so on. The prices are also comparable. So which one would you buy?? Tom.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM

Default RE: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

You might want to get two bags for this one, head0001.

I would get the savage, but go with the stainless. For reasons check the last thread on this topic.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

This post can go on forever, but the bottom line is; Get the one that feels the most comfortable, and shoulders the best for you. The rest is just cutting hairs, as we can go on until the next century debatingwhich one is better.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting the North. Your post is pathetic. You are "worthless and weak". How dare you not pour more fuel on the fire. Its people like you that ruin everything. Now this is how it should have been done.

Remington rifles are simply not accurate at alland constantly break. This alone would not be so bad except for the fact that they are such ugly looking guns in the first place!!![:'(]
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM

I had that debate a short time ago and went with the Savage....haven't regreted 1 sec
I love my savage 30-06 and stevens 200 22-250
I do have 1 remington rifle (300 ultra Mag with gallard barrel and hogue stock) and shotgun (model 1100 12ga semi)
Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Scott Gags; Your right, forgive me,I wimped out on my last post. I revised my post per your suggestion.

Get the Remington SPS. I got the Remington XCR a few years back in .30-06 and it shoots clover leaf groups with off-the-shelf ammo. The local gunsmith here in town says the Remington 700 is the most accurate out of the box rifle he has seen priced under $1,000.00.It is also the most popular hunting rifle in Minnesota. I also just read an article in thenew September issue ofField andStream magazine that polls deer hunting guides favorite equipment. On the question of best rifles, Remingtonwas votedfirst by a landslide (see page 69).

I now call it my Rem 700 my lucky rifle, because last fall (the first time I hunted with it) I shot a 260 pound 8 point buck that dropped on the spot. See attached photo.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/huntingthenorth/DSCN3862A.jpg

Now Scott Gags, after dragging this buck 2 miles throughthick woods, do you still think I'm worthless and weak? Just kidding, I pulled my expedition right up to the buck that I shot on a logging road and slid him right up on the hitch shelf. Well it was kind of hard because I had to set down my donut and coffee to slide the buck on the hitch shelf.

But on a serious note, get the one that feels the most comfortable, and shoulders the best for you.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

HTN You shoulda put a saddle on that monster and rode him out!

I have a simillar problem to yours....my walls are full of bucks that those ugly ol Remmy's and junky PSE bows have killed Folks can buy what they want but I know what I am sticking with. Them 700's fit me like a 5 yr old pair of Danners.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

HEAD, I usually respect your opinion, and actually agree with you in most areas, but it appears that you are trying to start more trouble with this one.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pride and stubborness ora tadof agitationare the only thing sthat start trouble on these boards. All this forum is for is to share experiences and state opinions. The problem occurs when someone is too insecure in their own beliefs to reallize that someone else may not see things exactly the same way or had the same experiences that they have.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Pride and stubborness are the only thing that starts trouble on these boards. All this forum is for is to share experiences and state opinions. The problem occurs when someone is too insecure in their own beliefs to reallize that someone else may not see things exactly the same way or had the same experiences that they have.
I just think its silly how a certain someone accuses folks who shoot the Savage brand of rifles, of being "cheap" or "less intelligent" when that simply isn't the case. Like I have said before, dividing up hunters and shooters into classifications of rich and poor, will do nothing but hurt our sport as a whole. This childish "my guns better than yours" behavior isn't limited to him either, it can found all over internet gun forums, and at the shooting range, and it makes me wonder how early Americans harvested any kind of game, with such inferior weapons. If you will notice, I haven't resorted to trashing any particular brand (except for the Remington 710). Because I own rifles from most of the major manufacturers, and believe that splitting hairs is silly. Truth be told, all of the rifles being offered from the big companies (Browning, Ruger, Savage, Remington, etc.) are of almost equal quality. Perhaps 20 years ago, one brand could be chosen over the others because of quality, but that just isn't the case anymore. One should choose the rifle that fits them best, and flat out shoots the best, if that happens to be a Savage, then so be it, that doesn't make you any less of a shooter because you chose that brand name.

Quick Reply: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.