Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Springfield Armory XD >

Springfield Armory XD

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield Armory XD

Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Springfield Armory XD

I am looking and am turning towards this sub compact XD in .40. I have read that the quality of Springfield Armory has done nothing but get better over the years. Does anyone have any thoughts about ths gun. Thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Springfield Armory XD

My cousin has the same pistol you are asking about and he loves it.
I also heard the same thing about Springfield. I don't own one personally but when I am ready to look at getting another pistol, it will be on my list of ones to look at.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an XD 40 Tactical, and I can't say enough good things about it.

My next handgun will probably be the sub compact XD9. I had a ton of 9mm ammo laying around, and a Ruger P89 that I never shoot that I will end up trading for the XD.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have that exact gun and love it and all of the safety features built into the gun itself with out having a manual safety to operate.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:39 AM

I just got a brand new one. I took it out Sat and put 1,000 rounds through it with no problems. I got all different kinds of ammo for it. I didnt have any misfires or rounds that wouldnt eject. After about 80 rounds through the short mag it starts to dig into my fingers but with the extenders it was great to shoot that many rounds through. I cant say enough good stuff about it. I highly recomend one.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

I own one, it's a great little gun. I took my concel carry class with it. Shot about 2,000 rounds though it with out a problem, But I agree the extended mag fits my hands better.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Walleyefever
But I agree the extended mag fits my hands better.
I carry mine with the short mag because of the weight but if im target shooting i would rather use the extended mag.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is my next gun as well! I figure I need to buy one before Hussein becomes president and bans them.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

For the guys that are having issues with the short mags. Get a Pearce finger extension. It will not add any real length to the grip of the gun for concealable purposes but greatly aids in firearm control.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have that exact gun and love it and all of the safety features built into the gun itself with out having a manual safety to operate.
Ditto, but I have the service model. My friend has the sub-compact. I took my concealed carry class with mine and got to watch other people fumble with their guns and got a real appreciation for what the XD is. I chose it over the Glock based on ergonomics but the extra features the XD has can be life saving. It has beneficial features that do not over complicate the fire arm.

Spud

Quick Reply: Springfield Armory XD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.