Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Muzzlebrakes >

Muzzlebrakes

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Muzzlebrakes

Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Muzzlebrakes

Well I am a sportsman and a shooter not a redneck from the woods. I know what is on the end of my barrel and its only right to warn anyone who is around when I am shooting it. If I turned it around I would be pissed too if someone unloaded 5 ft from me without warning.

I don't know if brakes are the worst thing ever but your totally intitaled to your opinion. I think the worst thing ever to come along is long range capable guns and everyone in their grandmother thinking they can now majically shoot 500yrds plus ....
I know of a few guys who are getting magnum calibers so they can shoot farther.......they can barely shoot within 100yrds....
thank magazine and TV for that
Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I am a sportsman and a shooter not a redneck from the woods. I know what is on the end of my barrel and its only right to warn anyone who is around when I am shooting it. If I turned it around I would be pissed too if someone unloaded 5 ft from me without warning.
See, I could deal with that and have a good shoot with someone like you. Unfortunatley people like you are few and far between at public ranges.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

Well I am a sportsman and a shooter not a redneck from the woods. I know what is on the end of my barrel and its only right to warn anyone who is around when I am shooting it. If I turned it around I would be pissed too if someone unloaded 5 ft from me without warning.[/blockquote]
See, I could deal with that and have a good shoot with someone like you. Unfortunatley people like you are few and far between at public ranges.
Unforunately you are right about most people not caring about other people. I normally shot at a private range so it doesn't matter to me. I have a .450 Marlin that has a brake and ifI do shot it at a public range I move out to the end away from the cover. If you shoot it under the cover the noise is really loud so I try to not disturb the other shooters as much as possible.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Question: I just bought a 20gauge slug gun with a ported barrel. Does that increase the loudness of the gun report like a muzzlebrake tends to do?Or is the porting in the barrela form of a muzzlebrake? It would be good to know so I can distance myself from other shooters and not be construed as a total idiot
Old 08-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Question: I just bought a 20gauge slug gun with a ported barrel. Does that increase the loudness of the gun report like a muzzlebrake tends to do?Or is the porting in the barrela form of a muzzlebrake? It would be good to know so I can distance myself from other shooters and not be construed as a total idiot
Yes...It does both...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM

well the range I am a member of has less then 300 people in total and about 75% of them you never see at the range.
www.sportsmanclub.ca