Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 rem 700 adl or savage 110 >

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Why is it when people bring up Remington-a lot of shooters bring up the 710?? What does the 710 have to do with a Remington 700ADL?? I do not understand??

Personally IMO the scope is more important than the rifle for hunting(although I do alot of open sight shooting-but some of those sights cost more than some scopes). I think a diservice is being done with the cheap scopes that come on the combos. All the mfr. is going for is a price point, and they are marketing to the guy that makes a box of shell last 5 or 6 years.

I also own some Savage firearms. But to try and claim that a Savage 110 is the quality of a Remington 700-Well I just do not understand that(not 710)???

Also as far as knocking someone with a comment such as"don't comment if you don't own one". I woulld bet that more Savage owners make a comment about Remington's without owning one, than vice versa. Tom..
Old 08-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I am not knocking the Savage, but I personally believe the Remington is a superior rifle. Especially ifresale value is important. The Savage does have the edge in the AccuTrigger, I will admit that. But a lot of people do not like the Accu-Trigger. I do not know why they do not like it?? But I know people who say they do not like it.

I have seen far too many 700 ADL's that are 20 or 30 or more years old, and they perform as if they were new. I have seen 30 year old Savage 110's that .............. Tom.
Chalk me up as one who does not like the Accu-Trigger. It's not that I don't like how it performs, I just can't get used to shooting it. I had a model 16 Savage and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get comfortable with the way the accu-trigger felt. I also did not like the cheap stock on the model 16 either but I knew that before I bought the rifle.

I recently picked a Remington 700 CDL that is much more comfortable for me. It has a better stock, smoother action, and for $20 bucks my gunsmith smoothed out the factory trigger. It feels like a trigger should feel.

For me the Remington fits better and feels better for me. YMMV.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess that's why there are so many manufacturers and models out there. We all have our different preferences when it comes to guns, cars,etc.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Why is it when people bring up Remington-a lot of shooters bring up the 710?? What does the 710 have to do with a Remington 700ADL?? I do not understand??
For the same reason people want to insist that every Savage is a piece of junk. I don't recall savage making a product like that where as Remington did it just to make a buck. And how many people bought one simply because they trusted the Remington name. Savage consistently gets better while remingtons quality continues to drop.

So the reason it gets brought up is because of people thinking remington is the god of all rifles yet they are willing to make a piece of crap like that. Even a 300 dollar Stevens is a better gun than that. And it is just an old version of a savage with a synthetic stock. As well as a Mossberg ATR and everyone wants to pound in your head how much better remington is than Mossberg as well.

Just my opinions though. If you want to feel Remington is the best gun out there that is your decision, just don't expect the whole world to agree with it.

Paul
Old 08-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wv bow hunter

I am looking into buying a new rifle in either 243 or 308 and have narrowed it down to the brands listed above and just wanted input from everyone else. Also I am planning on buying it from walmart because my wife works there so we 10% off but i have that walmart guns arent that great of quality has anyone else ever heard that? im looking at $400for the remington with a scope after the discount and about$350 for the savage with a scope..
It's still a Remington or a Savage.....no matter who sells it!

IMO the Remington 700 is a far better gun than the Savage 110 and well worth the additional $50

Old 08-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

i dont think remington makes the adl any more. last time i was on remingtons website i didnt see the adl. havent seen the savage 110 either. they have moved on to other models. why not look at other models of remington and savage. as for the scopes sold on these package deals most of them are not the best. might be worth your while to buy the rifle and scope seprately and get a better scope for your gun.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage makes the 110, here is a link
http://savagearms.com/110glxp3.htm

Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

For the same reason people want to insist that every Savage is a piece of junk. I don't recall savage making a product like that where as Remington did it just to make a buck.Paul
Paul I would never say that every Savage is a piece of junk. However I would say that your memory does not serve you well, or you possibly may not have a long history with Savage. I used to sell the older Savage 110-E for $170. The return rate on those rifles was incredible. Savage has made, and imported several pieces over the years like that.

As I stated earlier compare a 30 year old Remington 700ADL to a Savage 110-E. I am pretty sure which one you would pick. Savage has come a long way over the last 30 years, but the Remington 700ADL was already there. Tom.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

You couldn'tGIVE me a new Remmy!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure the Savage is a good gun, but I would buy the 700, no doubt.

Quick Reply: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.