Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 New Scammer on the block >

New Scammer on the block

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

New Scammer on the block

Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Scammer on the block

I can't say I have ever dealt with any person or company that would ship merchandise before they received payment. I know I wouldn't.

It has always been.... Buyer pays, seller send merchandise, buyer receives merchandise.

How exactly do you prove that you sent the merchandise to the buyer should the deal go bad and the buyer decides to just keep the merchandise?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I can't say I have ever dealt with any person or company that would ship merchandise before they received payment. I know I wouldn't.

It has always been.... Buyer pays, seller send merchandise, buyer receives merchandise.

How exactly do you prove that you sent the merchandise to the buyer should the deal go bad and the buyer decides to just keep the merchandise?
You send it with signature confirmation...but really the matter of the fact is that the buyer is the one holding the cash so he is the one who dictates the terms ...or thats the way I generally do it.

dd
Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM

EXact Right , there is no way I am sending the Product with out the $$$ in hand , I have been saleing alot of ML and Bullets / Sabots on here and on Modern Muzzleloader and never had a probblem guys trust me and know that they are going to get their stuff !

So DD you are saying that if I or who ever wins something on your Ebay That you send it out before I will pay you ??? IF SO You are a very brave man or a very lucky one.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guys that are well known have no problems. I know if I sent bigbulls a check I'd get what he promised. If your a new guy with 3 post, come up with some refrences are your shipping first. Probably, if your a new guy with 3 post, I'll just keep on shopping. I don't want to be that way, but people keep getting ripped off.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

You send it with signature confirmation
Still, how do you prove that you sent what you say you sent and that the buyer received what you say you sent?

All that signature confirmation does is prove that a package arrived with no proof of what is inside.

Suppose that I wanted to buy a Dakota rifle from you that you were selling. You send itbefore receiving payment,for inspection, with signature confirmation. I sign that I received the package.I decide to keep it and not send the money. How do you prove that I received a package with a Dakota rifle in it and not a package with 8 pounds of rocks in it?

I too would have noreservations aboutbuying or sellingwith many of themembers here on HNI but..........
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

I've never heard of any seller shipping their item before receiving payment either. DD it sounded like you were making me out to be the bad guy here. I was justmaking everyone aware of this scumbag so he can't possibly scam someone else.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 AM

Thought I might just add my thoughts....I don't know of anyone willing to ship a product without payment in hand. My best advice when buying on-line is to use a credit card. This way if you hit a bad seller and not get the product you can simply do a chargeback on your credit card simply by calling your CC Company and asking for it. Always ask for insurance on the item and if the item gets damaged, at least you will get reimbursed. There are a lot of good sellers still out there.

I think in your case this buyer is probably waiting for a company in China to get around to ship it too you. Try getting a hold of this guy to see what the holdup is. Ask for his phone number if you don’t already have it.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

EXact Right , there is no way I am sending the Product with out the $$$ in hand , I have been saleing alot of ML and Bullets / Sabots on here and on Modern Muzzleloader and never had a probblem guys trust me and know that they are going to get their stuff !

So DD you are saying that if I or who ever wins something on your Ebay That you send it out before I will pay you ??? IF SO You are a very brave man or a very lucky one.
ISP thats NOT what I said ....if someone buys something I have listed on Ebay I would make a decesion based on his feedback ....if he has a history of being honest then sure I would send it first (depending on what it was) if he wanted to inspect it before paying ....on Ebay you have some recourse if he does not pay however in this case it appears this seller and buyer had no history and were total strangers ..

dd