Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tasco & BSA scopes >

Tasco & BSA scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tasco & BSA scopes

Old 03-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tasco & BSA scopes

I' ve had two Trashcos. Both broke, one at the range and the other one cost me a deer! You could not give me a third one!
You may find a few people who have had good luck with them, but thats just it LUCK!
You can get a bad scope in any brand, but quality and quality control costs money! With good materials and quality control, there is far less chances that a bad scope will ever leave the factory.
You pay more for a cheap scope in the long run, you keep replacing them and that doesn' t even take into account the heartbreak of lost trophies!
I would rather take my chance on a used scope than a cheap new scope!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:14 PM

I agree with everyone else. Don' t buy a Tasco! Wait until you can afford something better.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:32 PM

I have had good results with BSA' s and Tasco' s on rimfires. But anything with recoil screws them up fast.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 04:14 AM

i have had both. both have been bad for me.

the tasco i had on a win 9422 in 22 mag. after 5 years it broke and when i would put the magnification up the reticle would do circles. the B.S.A broke on my 35whelen and would get foggy at the lowest variable.ion that note i have several friends who have had luck with there tasco' s. but foggs up like you wouldn' t believe !!
if you don' t have the money for rigth now look into e-bay.. you might find some decent scopes cheap ! but between the two i would go with the B.S.A.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Tasco on a .35 Remington that my father bought me 20+ years ago and I never had to tuch the adjustments,but it' s an old Tasco! If it were my gun I would save $$ and put a quality scope on it and avoid headaches down the line...
Old 03-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice guys, I won' t buy a tasco. I bought a used bushnell yesterday.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:07 AM

I' ve never found the cheap Tascos to be any better or worse than the same price level of Bushnell, both are junk. I' ve used the a couple of the higher dollar Tascos with good results. They sure aren' t in the league with my Leupolds or Bushnell Elites, but the higher upper level Tascos have worked well on a couple heavy barrel 22' s and varmint rifles.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:09 PM

I say for the money the simmons aetec is a very good scope. I have had one on my 30-06 for years, i have several friends with magnums who use them and have never done nothing but praise em. I have never cared for Tasco or Bushnell.

BSA is not much better but i think they are better than the other two. If your not gonna use the gun a whole lot i would say its ok to try the BSA.

P.S. Try the AETEC
Old 03-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bsa' s have plastic lenses.

The bushnell I got is an old QUALITY one. If you were going to buy the same scope I got new, it would be around $250.00.

Tasco is a cheap brand. They work for a while but one day you' ll look through the scope and the cross hairs will be messed up.

A gun is only as good as the optics on it. But the gun I' m getting isn' t exactly known for accuracy. 2" groups at 100 yards is common.

Quick Reply: Tasco & BSA scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.