Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business >

Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business

Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I have been to my local store about 3 x in the last month and 1/2 and see the same guns over and over. One bottomrack that is about 40 foot long had no guns at all in it(RIfle Section) yesterday they had some muzzleloaders mixed in with the rifles. To top it off they have all the brand models mixed up all over the place. SOunds like they are shuffling stuff around to act like they are selling. ANyway if they go belly up it won't be a great loss.
Are you talking about the Greensboro, NC Gander Mtn by any chance? I go to that store a few times a year and noticed the same thing in the rifle sectionplus, zero ATV accessories, and their ammunition was in very low supply. This was over the 4th of July weekend. Made me wonder the same thing.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The two GM's in this area seem to be doing fine.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

They always have the same guns on the shelf because those aren't sold unless the item has been discontinued or they run out of NIB guns in the vault. The mixed up stuff is the fault of a lazy hunting manager. Gander is doing ok as they just launched thier new website. As many recall they were like Cabelas and Cabelas bought thier catalog and internet business for 10 years. GM used the money to fund the store expansion.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM

theres a brand new gander mtn opening up in my town, inside an old walmart building
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Are you talking about the Greensboro, NC Gander Mtn by any chance? I go to that store a few times a year and noticed the same thing in the rifle sectionplus, zero ATV accessories, and their ammunition was in very low supply. This was over the 4th of July weekend. Made me wonder the same thing.
Yep the one and only price gouger around. I do hear that a sportsmens warehouse may be coming up this way soon. NOw that is good news
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

They just opened a store here in bowling green ky,and the gun prices are high,but they will price match any store within a 50 mile radius.My friend bought a new over and under from them for like $429.They had it marked for over $500 but he had a sales paper from a local gun shop in greenville for $429 and they honored it,So if you see something you like just ask about the prices,and the used gun prices seem rediculous but they are negotiable also.They are comparable to bass pro around here but a whole lot closer.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Spike

Don't think they are going out of business, maybe shifting stores around for profibility, but they have just gone to on-line sales the other day. With the gas prices, more people are purchasing on-line.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM

No GM around my area. I have been in some in MN. Good selection but pricey.

As for Cabelas, I would rather shop there than Bass Pro. Bass Pro RedHead line is lower quality than Cabelas name stuff.
Cabelas I have been in sell lots of name brand stuff. I don't understand the complaint. Plus Cabelas has the best customer
service I have found. Never a question, just fast refund, exchange, or credit.

Craig
Old 08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Gander here in Richmond seems to be hurting. Thought they were going to put Green Top under.... not the case at all. We have a BPS coming to the Richmond area as well, and that may well run Gander off. I think that BPS will hurt Green Top's fishing and Marine department a bit, but in all honesty I think that they will end up helping each other more than anything else. The prices at Gander are outrageous, and the selection is rather lacking. Of the "big three" right now, BPS is growing extremely fast, and doing very steady business. Gander just reacquired catalouge and internet sales, so I cannot imagine they are going under as a whole, perhaps just closing a few stores that are not doing so well.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gander just announce the return of their online and catalog sales so I imagine the store near you may be one they are maybe planning on closing if it isn't doing as good as they want or need it to. Or maybe the manager just blows at keeping it stocked.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

Quick Reply: Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.