Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all >

Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all

Old 03-09-2003, 04:47 PM

Default Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all

I am tired of reading the zeiss conquest fails more so than other scopes. Most of us have read a report here or there by a few select people that have had a problem over the past couple years. I think thta is fairly common to all scopes as i have known people who have had leupolds, bushnells etc break also. My question is this: How many of the people on here have personally had a zeiss conquest break? No heresay--a scope you owned personally. It will be interesting to see the results. I know woodseye had a recent problem. Most of the problems I belive were in the initial production run. We' ll see
Old 03-10-2003, 01:58 AM

Default RE: Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all

you won' t get any responses because everyone only repeats what they read or heard from the tards at SIR
Old 03-10-2003, 05:01 AM

what/who is SIR?
Old 03-10-2003, 05:40 AM

From what I understand the early run that failed was quietly recalled.I see two new recent cases of failure over on 24 hour campfire.Its in a thread called Zeiss Swarovski failures.I' ve heard of 11 cases now over about 6 forums in the last couple months.I believe all brands have a small % of failures from Leupold to Zeiss to Swarovski.I' m still happy with my remaining Conquest and would reccomend one to anyone.One shooter I know just lost a brand new Vari X lll in 20 rounds on a 45-70.They are selling these scopes at a rapid rate(the conquest is one of the hottest selling new scopes)and as production speeds up you will see some failures,its the law of averages.If one of my Leupolds failed I wouldn' t swear off them and I feel the same towards the Conquest and Elites.I personaly feel Conquest is the brightest - Elite 4200 is the clearest with best defination - and Leupold is the lightest,ruggedest,and best eye-relief.I use all three and like them all.

woods
Old 03-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 07:38 PM

Otis,
I hear you on the leupold. I have always owned them, I just wanted to try something new.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Spike

SIR (Sidney I. Robbins) is a gun and outdoors mail order service in Canada.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:06 PM

I own a Zeiss Conquest and I love it. It is my first hig-end scope and it will be hard to go back. I believe the argument is useless though because brand loyalty runs extremely deep with hunters.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:34 AM

Some hunters are extremely brand loyal if they have had good experience with a certain item,but when you' re in your favorite gunshop next time you just may look thru another brand to see what all the hoopla is about and be surprised at what you find.Scopes are a commodity that are constantly changing in optical quality and features.Plus new to the sport hunters are looking for whats working for hunters now and thats where these forums can provide a lot of good info and direction for someone outfitting their first gun with a scope.I try to stay neutral in brand loyalty and go with what works the best in a given time,I used to be very leupold vari x lll loyal but when the zeiss conquest came along I noticed improvements and better optics when comparing a conquest and vari x lll in a scope comparator when getting ready to buy my next leupold and changed my purchase to the zeiss conquest.It wasn' t what the leupold was doing worse but rather what the conquest was doing better.Maybe somewhere down the road a new scope manufacturer will take the lead and I will try their brand.

woods
Old 03-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

hopefully I' ll have nothing but good things to say since I just picked up my 3.5-10X44 Conquest. I' ll post after I sight it in and play around with it, but it sure does make my gun look pretty. I thought the Leupolds were the only ones that did that

Quick Reply: Zeiss Conquest--Once and for all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.