Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

308 Win

Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM

Default RE: 308 Win

Yeah, I will be out at the range on Wed. of this week and do not think I will have a problem. I really look forward to rifle season opening the 26th. This was my first year bow hunting and was able to snag two does, and will be getting a stand in a bow onlyarea. But while out and about hunting with the bow, I ran accross some smart and big whitetails. So I really look forward to trying to get a wall hanger with my 308, I have been thinking of sending it off to have the bolt bluprinted and really worked on, then sending it to leupold so they can customize the windage and elevation knobs for me, I was amazed how cheap it was to tell the truth! I am also looking for plinking rounds for varmint and coyotes, and idea's? I havent done any long range shooting, past 40 yards (deer in SE Kansas wher I moved from were so use to folks, I just sat and waited and like clockwork when they walked accross the field I could nail one with the 357 from the tractor!). I would say this is the first time really hunting in over ten years!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 308 Win

Add another vote for the Rem. 165gr accu-tips.