Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 the better .22? >

the better .22?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

the better .22?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: the better .22?

I have a 10/22 and more recently a CZ 452 American topped with a Weaver V-24. The cz is very accurate even at 100 yrds. Its not uncommon for some of the CZ fanatics over at rimfirecentral to get 1" groups with their cz's. Of course they modify the trigger, custom bed the stock etc.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

I have a cz 452 american with a 9 1/2 oz trigger and as Dominick stated it will shoot,I have out shot my old remington 541T,and I didnt think that was possible with a rifle that sells new for about $300 in .22 caliber unless it was a single shot or something, this rifle costed way less than the remingtons do used,the kimber is a bit high priced for my taste,and the anschultz are to high also,the 10/22 ruger shoots good if you like an autoloader and easy to modify with target barrel,triggers and stocks made by a big number of manufacturers.I had a marlin .17hmr and it was deadly accurate but the bullets were to high just too stand around and shoot a couple of hundred rounds at stuff you didnt want kill and eat.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:08 PM

Another for the CZ 452. I have the training rifle and for only $220 new, it can't be beat.I can shoot almost as well with the open sights as I could with my old marlin with a scope on it. Awesome gun
Old 08-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

No doubt, Anschutz makes one of the world's best .22 rimfire,you might even see a few in Olympic competition in the next couple of weeks.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
DM

ORIGINAL: doubleA

No doubt, Anschutz makes one of the world's best .22 rimfire,you might even see a few in Olympic competition in the next couple of weeks.
I bought my Anschutz in the mid 70's... I wanted a 22 that would be extremely accurate, and last me the rest of my life tothen be passed on to a family member...

I bought it new for 98 or 99 bucks, and what do you think it's worth today? It's paid for itself many times over!

For many years i drug it all over Alaska shooting camp meat, or putting meat in my freezer with it. And even though it's had many thousands of rounds put through it, it still shoots like new! Then a few years ago the sling broke and the gun took a fall, breaking the stock. I happen to find a brand new "origional" stock on linethattheguy wanted 65 bucks for! With the new stock installed, and as i no longer hunt much with it, i also put a Weaver T-10 on it. So now it's just a gunto havefun with...

DM
Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Czzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 452 American, and then of course my Marlin 880SQ with Rifle basix trigger.