Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Federal Fusion vs Premium VitalShok in 308? >

Federal Fusion vs Premium VitalShok in 308?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Federal Fusion vs Premium VitalShok in 308?

Old 08-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Federal Fusion vs Premium VitalShok in 308?

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

ORIGINAL: VA_Buck

I'm glad someone besides me is finally starting to take offense at this issue. The mods never seem to do anything about it though.
You nancys sure do make life fun - it didnt get any response in the other forum so I added it somewhere that it might get some response. I am just glad you guys are so helpful and on top of things - you are the kind that really make asking questions fun. Glad you can add to the discussions.
You did get a very informative response, from me.

You seem to think that it's "fun" to ignore the rules. Well you're new here so I'll just let you in on a little secret. Follw the rules and be repsectful and you'll do just fine.

Perhaps taking the time to read the rules may be a good first step.

11. No spamming; do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post your message into the topic it most relates too.

http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpages/staticpage_detail.aspx?id=291

Dude get a life - it got no response so I moved it - I cant close or delete my own thread - I am not going to wait around when I posted in a forum that wasnt best suited for the topic. I am not spamming or anything I also dont do it because its fun or anything else - nor have I done it on a regular basis.

Seriously just stop trying to be a dunce over the whole thing. I added it to a forum where it would get a response and I got some opinions - if you continue to feel the need to be an a hole over something like this then just ignore this thread all together - dont know why you need to act like this.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Spike

I have been using the ballistic tips for some time now and have nothing but praise for them.
I have used both Winchester and Federal versions and would not hesitate to use Remingtons ballistic tip round.
I use Federal Power Shoks for sighting in and would use these for hunting if I did not have any ballistic
tip rounds. Remington Corelokts would be the next to use. I use the 150 grain bullets where I hunt in New York.
The ballistic tip, I feel, is the perfect bullet fo whitetail. All the deer I have shot went down within sight. My brother
has been using the Corelokts with the same results.
I would stay away from the Fusions. I have tried them in four rifles and have not had good results at the rifle range.
Group sizes average one to three inches larger in all rifles.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Bozack66

I have been using the ballistic tips for some time now and have nothing but praise for them.
I have used both Winchester and Federal versions and would not hesitate to use Remingtons ballistic tip round.
I use Federal Power Shoks for sighting in and would use these for hunting if I did not have any ballistic
tip rounds. Remington Corelokts would be the next to use. I use the 150 grain bullets where I hunt in New York.
The ballistic tip, I feel, is the perfect bullet fo whitetail. All the deer I have shot went down within sight. My brother
has been using the Corelokts with the same results.
I would stay away from the Fusions. I have tried them in four rifles and have not had good results at the rifle range.
I appreciate the feedback - I am headed out next weekend to try a few different rounds. I was going to do it yesterday but ended up spending a bit more time prepping some food plots.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

would stay away from the Fusions. I have tried them in four rifles and have not had good results at the rifle range.
I have tried them in Brownings,Sakos and Remingtons and all have been more accurate then I needed much more accurate.

Irregardless a fusion or controlled expansion bullet is not needed unless one is using a Super mag at close range. Just buy the cheapest Remington or Federal,Winchester ammo you can find with a 150 grain bullet on it and be done.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

JMHO ,And not trying to be a smartA$$.I live in Va. Hunt Va.& N.C. The deer are not armor plated........LOL Just find out which 150 or 165 pill shoots the best out of your rifle and Katie bar the door.Anything from Rem. corelockt to ballistic tips to federal premiums,to hornady customs .If you pop it with a .308 it WILL bite the dust.They all just have different expansion characteristics.