Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Scammers on the Forums >

Scammers on the Forums

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Scammers on the Forums

Old 07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scammers on the Forums

fullcircle

titleAndStar(122,0,false,false,"","")
Fork Horn

[align=center][/align]

Look out for this crook.offered a like new rifle and several accessaries for my '07 Martin Pantera[fully equipped].i sent bow .5 1/2 months later I receive a beat up old barely shootable rifle with no accessaries.i returned it plus $25 to send bow back.Still no response,no calls,no email.This guy is a Gutless weasel.I'm out about $700 worth of archery equipment.
**C'mon: Rob Dewitt Jr. 1307 Union St. Hannibal,Mo. 63401 ! 573-248-0989 Man up and send it back! [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][&o][&o]

Looks like fullcircle ran into problems with another scum bag like huntersnest that tried to shaft me on a scope purchase. Read fullcircle's dilema please.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scammers on the Forums

From now on, I will only be buying and trading with senior members. I know 98% of the new members or cool, but I couldn't handle getting ripped off. How can we protect ourselves? I've made a lot of deals, and they all went well. After reading about these yahoo's, my guard is up!!![:@]
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Spike

WE NEED A SCUMBAG LIST....WE HAVE HAD TOOOOO MANY LOSERS LATELY.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 PM

If the transaction was through the US postal service then it may be mail fraud. The Postal Inspectors may investigate and prosecute if they agree.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

I do have been pretty lucky dealing with the right persons. I've been burn't alittle bit on description of guns purchased from time to time but never anything from this site. I quess I will start asking for references from other members to be on the safe side. I do always use USPS anymore. UPS is an issue in it's self, for another thread!

Keep me posted

Thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darn, I'm sorry to hear this.... it SUCKS to say the least. What a piece of sh*t, that guy. I ran into a scam on Auction Arms where a guy wanted to buy a ML, but then said his "associate" sent too much money (money order) and I needed to send the balance to his attorney. and could keep an extra $50 for the trouble. blah blah blah..... I emailed him back and said that the deal was really starting to stink. Needless to say, I never heard from him again and never recieved any postal MO. I will only accept a POSTAL MONEY order or PAYPAL when dealing online...still doesn't totally protect us though.

chris
Old 07-27-2008, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scampers on the Forums

May be if we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the p.o.s. is really a scammer and not just INTERNET dumb.Could we get admin to intervene? I also have made several deals on here and would like to continue to help out my bud's and get help in return.JMHO .................Alton
Old 07-28-2008, 06:58 PM

I would call the local police there for some help and contact the postal service.. even if it is not a usps MOrder using the mail to scam is a federal crime.. also the ATF would want to know about a stolen gun had it been a gun deal... local members in that locale that happen to be law enforcement officers could work magic for you...
hope that helps.
dk
Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Scope arrived today. Like it was described in the post, dusty but like new. Did Trophy Hunter get his scope or funds refunded? Did Fullcircle get his fund returned?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

he screwed me also, he sold me the same scope, i never got any of my money back, and he won`t even reply back to me..

Quick Reply: Scammers on the Forums

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.