Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol $200 OBO >

Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol $200 OBO

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol $200 OBO

Old 06-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sldmdxyz13
How do I reach you regarding your Ruger?
Buy a Delorean and go back in time to 2008 when the ad was first posted
Old 06-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hairtrigger. Did you end up being able to buy this pistol? looks like a nice one.
-Jake
Old 06-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger said you could dry-fire the Old Army --- but don't --- because I had the thumb piece {1/2" long} of the hammer, break-off and come flying very fast towards my face, on two of my Old Armys while dry firing. I noticed the steel of the hammer looked soft and crappy looking. I had Ruger repair them...shortly after --- Ruger closed down production of the Old Army.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

These old threads being brought back up are really funny!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-27-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
These old threads being brought back up are really funny!
There are a bunch of guns I wish I could go back in time and buy
Old 08-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Spike

Default Do you still have and if so we're are you located?

Trying to find out more info like location I am very interested in this pistol.
Originally Posted by waxwing35
This Ruger Old Army cap-and-ball stainless black powder pistol is the Cadillac of cap-and-ball pistols. This pistol is from the 1970s and rarely shot (Maybe 40-50 rounds). I have had many more traditional replicas, but this one is by far the most accurate. It has been a wall hanger more than anything else. It is in good shape and comes with a Ruger Flap Holster.
$200 OBO + $15 shipping. Thank you.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86
Ruger said you could dry-fire the Old Army --- but don't --- because I had the thumb piece {1/2" long} of the hammer, break-off and come flying very fast towards my face, on two of my Old Armys while dry firing. I noticed the steel of the hammer looked soft and crappy looking. I had Ruger repair them...shortly after --- Ruger closed down production of the Old Army.
Have you got any pictures of that repair? I'd like to see how they did it, may be pick up a few tips.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Erno86, could you take a picture of your two ROA revolvers next to each other showing that repair Ruger made after the "thumb piece" on the hammers flew off? I have one of those revolvers as well and I'd like to see how they repaired that in case it ever happens to my own.

What are you looking for on that hammer to tell you the steel of the hammer looks soft and crappy looking?

You know they are making those old army pistols again. Have you looked at them to see if the hammers still look soft and crappy?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Spike

As long as there is still interest in a 10 yr old ad, i might as well offer up another Ruger Old Army. I would also say good to very good condition there are some marks in the bluing below the hammer. there is no rust and the bore is bright and shiny. I checked GB to see what there bringing and I believe $4*0 +$20 shipping would be a fair price. Best way to contact me is [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails  Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol 0 OBO-old-.jpg    Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol 0 OBO-old-a1.jpg    Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol 0 OBO-old-a2.jpg    Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol 0 OBO-old-a3.jpg  

Last edited by jhog1; 10-17-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:04 AM
Spike

LL I saw this thread and the price and just HAD to click on it to see what kind of idiot is selling an old army for 200 bucks! If anyone is interested enough to pull up and 8 year old thread hoping to find it still for sale, today is your day and Im your huckleberry! Ive got a like new stainless with the factory case in the safe. Ive changed the nipples out to uncle mikes #11 size because the #10 caps wouldn't stay on to suit me. I would be willing to consider offers but lets be real here. The gun costed over 300 new when I bought it and they haven't made them in years so keep the offers realistic and I will consider it.

Quick Reply: Ruger Old Army Stainless Black Powder Pistol $200 OBO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.